The changing nature of world agriculture
- Working in the global food system: a focus for international comparative analysis Jarosz, Lucy // Progress in Human Geography;Mar1996, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p41
No abstract available.
- Rainforesting by Rodale. Damsker, Matt // Organic Gardening (08973792);May/Jun92, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p19
Looks at Centro Maya, and its ambitious aim to increase food production, protect a major rain forest and create an ecotourist center in the heart of Guatemala. The 13,845-square mile Peten region on northern Guatemala; Rich in rainforests, wildlife, and archaeological treasures; How soon the...
- Solutions. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Nov96, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p18
Presents solutions to agricultural problems. Solutions to problems regarding the farming of sweet potatoes; Coping with robber flies and tachinid flies; Prevention of punctures in peppers. INSET: Robber flies and tachinid flies..
- Clipped wings? // African Business;Nov96, Issue 215, p24
Reports on the problems of the agricultural sector in Nigeria. Corruption as a problem affecting the fertilizer supply; Problems encountered by poultry producers; Comment on the agricultural problem by the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce.
- Significant books on agricultural history published in 1996. Rogers, Earl M.; Rogers, Susan H. // Agricultural History;Fall97, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p491
Presents a listing of books published in 1996 on agricultural history.
- A Cameroon case study. Novicki, M.A. // Africa Report;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p29
Discusses the unique partnership between the American private sector, the US Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Cameroon government's privatization of a seed multiplication project in Garoua which may point the way for donors and host countries to find sustainable solutions to...
- Agricultural changes in Eastern Europe at the beginning of the 1990s. Csaki, Csaba // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1233
Examines agricultural changes in Eastern Europe at the beginning of the 1990s. Position of agriculture in the region; Agricultural growth and production outcomes; Development of food consumption; Tractors used in agricultural production; Average yields in 1989; Future farming structure.
- Agricultural reform in developing countries: Reflections for Eastern Europe. Braverman, Avishay; Guasch, J. Luis // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1243
Focuses on agricultural reform in Eastern European countries. Devaluation of exchange rate; Relative price changes; Producer prices, consumer prices and international prices; Credit, financial institutions and marketing boards; Property rights, land tenure and privatization.
- Who's buying Saskatchewan? Carter, Toni Owen // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/4/93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p10
States that a murky 77,000 acre land deal may bring robot farms to the West. German consortium as wanting to replace farmers with robots in Eston, Saskatchewan; How the massive land sale deal is moving forward; Role of Saskatchewan's Farm Ownership Board; Laws on foreign ownership of farmland;...