ACLU's genetic testing report
- No free rides. // Christian Century;11/11/87, Vol. 104 Issue 32, p994
Reports that the American Civil Liberties Union has filed a federal lawsuit against New Orleans' 140-year-old tradition of allowing Roman Catholic priests and nuns to use the city's public transportation for free.
- Taking liberties with the ACLU. Clausen, Christopher // New Leader;8/15/94, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p12
Points out the problems with the policies of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). Political activism of the ACLU; ACLU's obsession with abortion; ACLU's support for the discriminatory forms of affirmative action; Quotation from black liberal Shelby Steele; ACLU's forgetting of the...
- ACLU pipes up in defense of jailed Richard Hatch. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/17/2009, Issue 1134, p19
The article reports on the demand of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in Providence, Rhode Island to free the reality television personality Richard Hatch from the jail where he has been held on charges of giving unauthorized interviews.
- Uncivil liberties. // U.S. News & World Report;12/12/88, Vol. 105 Issue 23, p15
Report that the 250,000-strong American Civil Liberties Union, worried that Republican campaign attacks may cause a drop in long-term membership, plans an overhaul of its `outdated' positions.
- A.C.L.U.--not all that civil. Ostling, Richard N.; Brown, Ketanji O. // Time;4/26/1993, Vol. 141 Issue 17, p31
Offers a look at the controversy inside the American Civil Liberties Union between strict libertarians (for whom individual rights are as sacred as Moses' tablets) and new-breed egalitarians who favor minority and feminist causes and are willing to see civil liberties give ground in the name of...
- Revise kipot rules, ACLU tells prison services. // New Jersey Jewish News;1/16/2014, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p20
The article focuses on the issue of the revision of policy on wearing kipot between the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the Wyoming Department of Corrections, as of January 16, 2014.
- ACLU asks schools to stop blocking gay Web sites. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/23/2009, Issue 1113, p16
The article reports that the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has requested the public school officials in Tennessee to stop restricting the students' access to gay website.
- A secular Christmas to all! Leo, John // U.S. News & World Report;12/28/92-1/4/93, Vol. 113 Issue 25, p31
Discusses the work of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) during the Christmas season. Why the ACLU snatches Nativity scenes from public parks; Legal fees paid to the ACLU; Ban on the Vienna Choral Society to prohibit all religious carols;Reason behind their bans; More.
- ACLU finds conservative allies. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;08/04/97, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p35
Presents informtion on the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), and conservatives in defending individual rights. Identification of ACLU's biggest allies; Comments from Don Haines, legislative counsel of the ACLU.