SEC files charges, levies penalties in two cases involving CMOs
- REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS. // Buffalo Law Journal;8/10/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 64, p20
A list of real estate transactions related to mortgages in Niagara County, New York are presented. Details about borrowers, lenders, transaction amount and location of mortgaged properties are also given.
- ROUNDUP: S&P ACTS ON CERTAIN JUMBOS. // National Mortgage News;7/28/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p10
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its ratings on 118 classes from 13 residential mortgage-based securities transactions backed by the country's prime jumbo mortgage collateral in 2005 and 2006. Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded...
- FINRA Acts Against Brokers in CMO Inverse Floater Sales. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;9/29/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the action taken by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) against three brokers, citing misconduct related to sales of collateralized mortgage obligation (CMO) in the U.S. It is stated that FINRA has barred brokers Cindy Schwartz and Brian Berkowicz from...
- CDO Volume Floods 144A Market. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;04/26/99, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p4
Focuses on the performance of the collateralized debt obligation (CDO) issuance in the first quarter of 1999. Details on the rating of Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Ratings Group on CDO; Views of some analysts.
- CDOs MOVE TO FIRMER GROUND. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the popularity of real estate collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in the U.S. Emergence of real estate CDO as one of the most active market segments in 2003; Growing demand for real estate deals due to a combination of low interest rates and rising real estate prices; Growth in...
- In a deep freeze. England, Robert Stowe // Mortgage Banking;Feb96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p50
Predicts the resurgence of the collaterized mortgage obligations (CMO) market in the United States. Indications of market opportunities; Preconditions for a full revival; Competition from institutional investors.
- Who's killing new CMO issues? Muolo, Paul // U.S. Banker;Mar96, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p77
Looks at the collateralized mortgage obligation (CMO) market in the United States. Why have CMOs declined; Examination of CMO market; Description of real estate mortgage investment conduit securities; How banks and insurance companies view CMOs.
- New Regulations Could Crimp CLO Diversity Going Forward. Hintze, John // Bank Loan Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the U.S. regulations on capital requirements for structured transactions and their impact on collateralized debt obligations and other types of securitizations in 2002.
- HY Loan-Backed CDOs Dominate Pipeline. Gregory, Michael // High Yield Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p2
Reports that loan-backed deals are circulating the collateralized debt obligation market.