Authority is seeking a better reception for new SUNY deal
- SUNY in crisis. Zaidi, Ali // Dollars & Sense;Jul/Aug98, Issue 218, p8
Reports on the efforts of the State University of New York (SUNY) to provide residents with quality education at low cost, is endangered. Issues endangering the goal of the SUNY; Information on enrollment between 1995 and 1997; Reference to the increase of the debt load of SUNY's students;...
- SUNY trustees are bracing for future cuts in state funds. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/30/95, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p20
Reports on the statement by State University of New York (SUNY) officials in Albany that the university would face state funding cuts of up to $150 million in 1996. Increase in tuition fees and implementation of layoff and retirement plans to cope with budget cuts; Postponement of the start of...
- SUNY responds to state budget with spending cuts at hospitals. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p19
Reports that the State University of New York (SUNY) has remedied a budget gap by imposing a spending cut on its hospitals in Syracuse, Brooklyn and Stony Brook in New York State. Other strategies in coping with the budget cut.
- Rhoda Jacobs unearths Pataki's secret meetings. // New York Amsterdam News;9/2/95, Vol. 86 Issue 35, p4
Reports Assemb. Rhoda S. Jacobs accusing New York City administration of secretly ordering SUNY and CUNY officials to slash their budget. Concern of Jacob on the detrimental effects of lowering the budget of SUNY and CUNY; Comments of Ed Sullivan, chair of the Assembly Higher Education...
- New research center receives grant. // Reading Today;Apr/May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p44
States that the University at Albany (State University of New York) in collaboration with other Universities have received a grant to operate a National Research and Development Center on Improving Student Learning and Achievement in English. Names of other Universities; Functions of center;...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...