Fixed-income market doesn't need big regulatory reshuffling, bond group says
- Association to craft framework for fixed-income regulation. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30346, p34
Focuses on Bond Market Association's launch of a project to develop guidelines to help it set regulatory priorities in the fixed-income securities markets. Uncertainty over the association's role overseas; Revenue-raising tax proposals hurting the municipal market; Association chairman Michael...
- BMA Seeks Partner for Online Trading Protocol. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;03/26/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the effort of the Bond Market Association to establish an industrywide protocol that would help standardize the computer language for fixed-income securities. Public domain location of the standard; Promotion of electronic communications.
- The BMA Throws Weight Behind Database. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;8/27/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 34, p4
Reports that the Bond Market Association has formed a task force to develop a master database to collect and disseminate fixed-income securities information in the United States. Possible creation of a significant role for the sell-side trade group; Terms under the task force plan; Data...
- E-Trading Platforms Proliferate, But How Many Will Survive? Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;09/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30980, p1
Reports on the rise in the number of electronic fixed-income securities trading platforms in the United States, according to the Bond Market Association's survey of online securities trading in the country. Current number of electronic trading systems devoted to the U.S. fixed-income market;...
- Consolidation the Theme of BMA Conference, Study. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;12/17/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p4
Highlights the theme of Bond Market Association (BMA) conference on electronic bonding to describe market's consolidation in the United States. Concentration on the future of fixed-income electronic commerce; Effects of the overcapacity and consolidation to fixed-income; Utilization of...
- BMA Survey Reflects Continuing Spread of E-Bonds. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;09/25/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p18
Reports on the results of the Bond Market Association's 2000 survey on electronic trading systems in the United States and Europe. Growth of platforms offered in the fixed-income market; Types of systems employed; Reflection of the transformation occurring in the fixed-income markets.
- BMA Messaging Plan Touts FIX Role. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;9/3/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p1
Focuses on United States-based Bond Market Association's introduction of documents that outline basic business practices involved in four sectors of the fixed-income market. First step to designing standard bond messaging under the group's voluntary protocols initiative; Role of Financial...
- Trace Group to Discuss Fees, Liquidity Impact. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;1/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p15
Announces the meeting of the Bond Trade Reporting Committee in the United States. Purpose of the meeting; Topics to be deliberated on by the committee; Formation of a task force by the Bond Market Association to develop a database on fixed-income securities information.
- FIX competition? Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;04/16/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the Bond Market Association's request for proposals to develop a standard messaging protocol for the fixed-income market. Concerns among firms involved in FIX Protocol Ltd.'s bond effort on the association's request; Strategic technology partner sought by the association to develop...