Picture still unclear for Pennsylvania school districts on investment losses
- Ambac offers aid to Pennsylvania school districts hit by scandal. Demenchuk, Michael; Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30249, p3
Reports that Ambac Assurance Corp. has offered to provide loans to the 75 Pennsylvania school districts that may have suffered losses through their involvement with financial adviser Devon Capital Management Inc. Short-term loans for two years; Purchase of short-term bonds from the schools to...
- Alabama County Schools Hope Issue Will Bolster District Operations, Credit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p37
Reports the bond sale by schools in Mobile County, Alabama to boost district operations and credit. Amount of capital outlay warrants sold by the school district; Purpose of bond proceeds; Role of financial adviser Gardnyr Michael Capital Inc. in the sale.
- Lower Approval Threshold Tempts Calif. School Districts to Ballot. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p1
Reports on the bond measures from California school districts included in the local elections on November 6, 2001. Lower voter approval threshold sought by the districts; Bond applications under Proposition 39; Use of proceeds from the bond measures.
- Arizona Indian Districts Turn Impact Aid into Good Ratings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p30
Reports on the $5 million revenue bond issue planned by the Navajo County Unified School District Number 25 in Arizona. Credit rating from Standard & Poor's Corp.; Structure of the deal; Use of proceeds from the offering.
- Lake Travis ISD Oks GO Bid. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/24/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33522, p9
The article reports that Lake Travis Independent School District trustees voted for the approval of a 158.5 million dollar general obligation (OG) bond proposal in Texas.
- Grading school credit quality. Berman, Julie // American City & County;Feb1994, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p12
Discusses the credit status of local school districts. Proportion of tax-supported general obligation bonds comprising district debt; Vulnerability to shifts in funding sources; Criterion for evaluation of credit by ratings agencies.
- Washington Voters Set to Pick From $1B of School Measures. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/31/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31315, p1
Reports that voters from several Washington counties would decide the fate of school bond measures of over a billion dollars. Highlights of the bond issues; Background of the bonds measures issued in February every year; Specifications of different school districts regarding their bond...
- Louisiana Schools Look to Stop a Backwards March. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;09/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30980, p26
Reports on the difficulties of school districts in Louisiana in trying to raise revenue and issue bonds. Tax reform proposals intended to help local school districts recover from their financial difficulties; Overview on the current funding sources of school districts in the state; Difficulty...
- Texas District Thinks Now Is The Time. Albanse, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p1
Reports on the Northside Independent School District's plans to issue a $200 million general obligation bond offering in Texas. School construction projects which will be financed using proceeds from the bond sale; Structure of the deal; Property values at the district.