Insurer warns bond lawyers about aiding issuers in probes
- ALAS puzzled by rise on legal liability losses. Marchant, David // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/5/94, Vol. 98 Issue 49, p6
Reports on the Attorneys and Liability Assurance Society Ltd.'s (ALAS) concern over the increase in legal liability losses. Gross incurred losses of ALAS from 1990 to 1993; Net income in 1993; Contributory factors cited for rise in liability losses.
- Lawyers' Insurer Finds Paradise In Bermuda. SCLAFANE, SUSANNE // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;02/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p8
Describes Attorneys' Liability Assurance Society (ALAS) Inc. Strategy of ALAS; Retention rate of the firm; Determination of the firm's cost of insurance.
- PRICEY PREMIUMS. Hansen, Mark // ABA Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p26
Reports on an increase in legal malpractice insurance rates in the U.S. after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the country. Information on the insurance rates charged by members of the Attorneys' Liability Assurance Society; Reason behind the increase in insurance rates; Advice of...
- RRG fights state fee. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;04/09/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p1
Reports that Attorneys' Liability Assurance Society (ALAS) Inc. is asking a Michigan district court to bar the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Services from imposing a regulatory fee that it charges the group. Arguments of ALAS officials regarding the matter at issue; Details on the...
- Legal Self-Insurance: ALAS Spots a Lack. Podgers, James // American Bar Association Journal;Jan1980, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p32
Reports on the offer of malpractice insurance to U.S. law firms by Bermuda-based mutual company, Attorneys' Liability Assurance Society Ltd. Attempt of the company at legal self-insurance; Criticism of the limit on competition in the industry.
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...