Governor says the clock is ticking, Minnesota must decide on new stadium
- Minnesota. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30247, p32
Reports on the increasing pressure on the state of Minnesota to build a new ballpark for Major League Baseball's Minnesota Twins. Twins' signing of an agreement to sell the team out of state if it does not get a new facility; Major League Baseball's call on Governor Arne Carlson and legislative...
- Minnesota gambit: Give up team, get stadium. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30269, p3
Reports on legislative wrangling over a stadium for the Minnesota Twins as Governor Arne Carlson and several state lawmakers endorsed team owner Carl Pohlad's offer to donate his ownership of the team. Vote of the House on the legislation authorizing the sale in revenue bonds for an open-air...
- Carlson applauds new waivers. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;5/8/95, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p2
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne H. Carlson hailed the approval of two Medicaid waivers. Advantage of the waivers for health reform plans in the state; Consolidation of programs under MinnesotaCare waiver; Benefit from long-term care options project waiver; Support from hospital officials.
- ...while Minnesota needs a new approach. // Fedgazette;Dec90, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p11
Reports on an article in `Post-Bulletin' which recommends an approach to government financing in Minnesota that would have a greater effect than a task force favored by Governor Arne Carlson.
- Carlson pushes tests in his reform package. Keller, Bess // Education Week;1/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p13
Reports on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's appeal to the state to embrace school reform and focus on children having difficulty in schools.
- Subpoena safety in Minnesota. // Editor & Publisher;06/20/98, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p104
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson has allowed a clarification of mediashield law to take effect without his signature. Bill's protection of unpublished notes, photographs, and unaired videotapes from subpoena; Exemptions and extra-ordinary conditions features of the bill.
- Real grass and some fun in the sun? Debate over proposed Twins Stadium. Charland, Bill // Christian Science Monitor;7/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 170, p14
Reports on the debate in Minneapolis, Minnesota over the building of an outdoor stadium for the Minnesota Twins baseball team. Estimated cost of the new stadium; The question of whether the state will pay a portion of the cost in return for a portion of the revenue brought in; Outlook for the...
- Twins' stadium plan: Rough road ahead. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30328, p3
Focuses on the financing package for a stadium in Minnesota planned as a base for the Minnesota Twins baseball team. Test run for the financing package; Alternative revenue sources proposed to replace a planned player tax.
- Power to the people. Nawrocki, Tom; McCallum, Jack // Sports Illustrated;2/3/97, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the Pohlad family's demand for state funds to build a rent-free, retractable-roof baseball-only stadium for the Minnesota Twins. The offering of a large part of the team to the state; The financial problems the team has encountered; Details on the lease the Twins signed for the Hubert...