Judge rejects Bank of America motion to dismiss California fraud allegations
- Bank of America moves to dismiss California mismanagement lawsuit. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;08/13/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30208, p3
Reports on a request made by the Bank of America for the dismissal of its bond trustee account mismanagement lawsuits filed by the state of California and the city of San Francisco. Contention by bank representatives that the suits failed to illustrate the mismanagement allegations.
- B of A goes on offensive after legal victory. // American Banker;12/23/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 244, p2
Reports on Bank of America's request to the San Francisco, California Superior Court to sanction attorneys who brought an unsuccessful class action alleging the company conspired to fix credit card interest rates. Frivolous lawsuits by lawyers in hope of extorting a settlement; Unspecified...
- Charlotte. // Business North Carolina;Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p22
The article offers business news briefs in the Charlotte region of North Carolina as of September 2011 including the 10 billion-dollar securities lawsuit filed against Bank of America by insurance giant American International Group in Charlotte, the laying off of 123 of 188 employees of...
- Tables Turned. Berry, Kate // American Banker;6/9/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 89, p5
Brief information is given about a court order requiring the Bank of America Corp. to compensate a Florida couple, Warren and Maureen Nyerges, for legal fees incurred from a wrongful foreclosure lawsuit.
- Foreclosure Issues May Spell Bad News For BOA. // Assisted Housing Alert;Jan2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the suit filed by the states of Arizona and Nevada against Bank of America Corp. (BOA) for allegedly misleading foreclosed-on homeowners during the loan modification process.
- B of A Gets Subpoenas on Libor. // American Banker;8/6/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 120, p6
The article reports Bank of America received formal inquiries from the U.S. Justice Department, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and Great Britain's Financial Services Authority related to an investigation of possible rigging of the Libor (London interbank offered rate) lending benchmark.
- California Court Upholds Bank's Arbitration Program. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p4
Reports on a California court ruling upholding Bank of America's arbitration program. Use of arbitration or judicial reference in resolving complaints by deposit and credit card customers; Issue on customers' right to a court hearing; Impact on trends among banks and companies; Criticisms on...
- Lawsuits Against B of A Get Go-Ahead. // American Banker;3/28/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 47, p12
The article discusses breach-of-contract lawsuits filed against the Bank of America Corp. by Deutsche Bank AG and BNP Paribas Mortgage Corp.
- 15 more California localities to join lawsuit against Bank of America. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;07/28/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30196, p3
Reports on the agreement of more local governments in California to join the city of San Francisco and the state in a lawsuit against Bank of America for allegedly mismanaging billions of dollars in municipal bond accounts. Allegations of overcharging bond issuers, failing to return unclaimed...