ABA task force to solicit comments in broad examination of pay-to-play
- ABA Sends General Counsel On A Rough Ride. Slavin, Nat // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p4
Reports that the American Bar Association House of Delegates' has approve changes that permit lawyers to break privilege if they discover that the client used legal advice to committee a crime. Reporting of acts of fraud by inhouse counsels.
- Program for the Chicago Annual Meeting. // American Bar Association Journal;May77, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p666
Presents a program for the American Bar Association 1977 annual meeting in Chicago, Illinois. Assembly; House of delegates; Sections and divisions; Committees.
- American Bar Association Information and Directory. // American Bar Association Journal;May77, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p702
Presents the American Bar Association (ABA) information and directory. Officers for 1976-77; Board of governors; Objectives of the ABA, a voluntary association of lawyers of the United States.
- At the Nexus. Stein, Robert A. // ABA Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p83
Focuses on the Section of Science and Technology Law of the American Bar Association. Benefit of the section to lawyers; Information on the books and newsletters published by the section; Details on the section's membership.
- American Bar Association abuses control of courts. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;6/5/95, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p17
Recounts the author's experience in suing the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in relation to the promulgation of a regulatory and disciplinary scheme for lawyers. Lawsuit filed with the Federal District Court; Filing of amicus brief by the American Bar Association (ABA) against the author and his...
- Bar Association Floats MDP Models. // Practical Accountant;Apr2000, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p8
Provides an overview on the American Bar Association's (ABA) proposed possible business models for multidisciplinary practices (MDP), arrangements where lawyers partner and share fees with professionals from other disciplines such as accounting and financial services. Permission for lawyers to...
- Defense News. // Defense Counsel Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p281
Reports that a proposal has been offered by the American Bar Association (ABA) Commission on Multidisciplinary Practice to legitimate the multidisciplinary practice in the United States. Rejection of the proposal by the ABA House of Delegates; Provisions of a rival proposal filed by Robert...
- News Update. Beckham, Walter H. // ABA Journal;Feb88, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p120
Presents news briefs concerning the American Bar Association (ABA) as of February 1988. Deadline for submission of resolutions to the Assembly at the 1988 Annual Meeting in Toronto, Ontario; Meeting dates; Statistical data for assets of the American Bar Retirement Association.
- ABA task force readies call for G-37-like rule for bond lawyers. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30430, p40
Focuses on the American Bar Association's report calling for the organization's House of Delegates to urge states to adopt a Rule G-37-like standard barring lawyers from engaging in pay-to-play practices. Features of the proposed rule; Details of the voting in the House of Delegates; Other...