Commissioners push to create an authority to run Pittsburgh airport
- Pittsburgh hub. // Architectural Record;Jun1993, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p100
Features the Midfield Terminal Complex at Pittsburgh International Airport in Pennsylvania. Hub-and-spoke system in airline design; Tasso Katselas Associates (TKA), designer; Criteria for design decisions; Separate ticketing and boarding into `landside' and `airside' terminals; X-shaped airside...
- Revolutionary terminal opens era in Pittsburgh. Fotos, Christopher P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/5/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 14, p37
Describes the new midfield terminal at Greater Pittsburgh International Airport, which features a unique X-shape developed by architect Tasso Katselas, the tallest FAA control tower in the nation and contains 50 competing retail tenants. The Oct. 1 opening marks a new approach to the management...
- Airport of tomorrow, today. Brown, Ann // Black Enterprise;Jan1993, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p93
Highlights the Pittsburgh International Airport, a virtual self-enclosed city. Opening of the new terminal in October 1992; Size of the complex; Attractions; Projections on the number of people the terminal can handle per year; More.
- Pittsburgh expanding capacity with midfield terminal project. Fotos, C.P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/12/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 24, p329
Discusses the midfield terminal project at Greater Pittsburgh International Airport and the expanded capacities and thousands of new jobs it will create. Terminal layout; Funding.
- New Pittsburgh terminal heralds the future. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/12/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 15, p44
Presents a photo essay of the Greater Pittsburgh International Airport's new midfield terminal, whose X-shape allows for easy expansion. It features a people-mover, train connections between terminals and laser scanners that read bar-coded luggage routing tags.
- New airport installs electric monitoring submeters at gates. // Engineered Systems;Oct95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the installation of electric monitoring submeters at the gates of Greater Pittsburgh International Airport. Determination of power consumption and demand.
- PROJECTS 3,000 SALES/WK.: Villa Pizza debuts at Pittsburgh Intl. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the opening of Villa Pizza in Pittsburgh International Airport in Pennsylvania. Types and prices of pizzas available; Brief information on Villa Pizza's breakfast program; Factors that helped increase the number of customers.
- Pittsburgh airport complex goes to great lengths to provide hvac comfort. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/5/94, Vol. 193 Issue 14, p22
Reports on the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems of the Pittsburgh International Airport complex in Pennsylvania. Dimensions of the airport complex; Chilled-water distribution systems; Criteria for the choice of an insulation system.
- Pittsburgh International Airport expands its shopping complex. // National Real Estate Investor;Jan96, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p24
Reports on BAA Pittsburgh Inc.'s signing of several international retailers for the Pittsburgh International Airport in Pennsylvania.