GFOA's top Washington lobbyist leaving post
- Public risk project names exec. director. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/20/97, Vol. 101 Issue 42, p17
Reports on the selection of Catherine L. Spain as executive director of the Public Risk Database Project, a nonprofit corporation created to provide risk management information. Effective date of Spain's tenure; Primary objective of project.
- GFOA Taps Susan Campanella as New Federal Liaison Director. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31010, p3
Reports the appointment of Susan Campanella as director of the federal liaison center of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) in the United States. Responsibilities of Campanella as director; Career background; Issues concerning Internet taxation, municipal bonds and state and...
- GFOA Panel Agrees to Revise BAB Policy. Schroeder, Peter; Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/1/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33258, p1
The article reports that members of the governmental debt management committee of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) agreed to change the direct-subsidy and tax-credit bonds policy in the U.S. They revised the said policy to acknowledge Build America Bonds (BAB) as a significant...
- Lobbyists, Staff Aided Charity. Baker, Mike // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);9/26/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p1
The article offers information on the nonprofit organization Strategies for Youth developed by Washington Lieutenant Governor (Lt. Gov.) Brad Owen which uses tax-payer-funded time and works with lobbyists to raise money for the organization.
- Follow Your Heart. Porter, Margo Vanover // Business Officer;Mar2015, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p48
An interview with Muller Walker, vice president for business affairs, finance and accounting at Midlands Technical College in West Columbia, South Carolina, is presented. Topics discussed by Walker include how she finds time to serving Southern Association of College and University Business...
- Soft Money's in Play. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;11/1/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p3357
Provides information on the Leadership Forum, a nonprofit group to fund issue advertisements and get-out-the-vote drives for Republicans. Formation of the group; Fundraiser activities of the group; Mission of the group according to lobbyist Susan Hirschmann of Williams & Jensen.
- Interest Groups. Kukis, Mark // National Journal;3/11/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p83
The article focuses on the decision of political lobbyist Elizabeth Meitner to pursue a career on children's advocacy. She volunteered at the Children's National medical Center. Now the new vice president of governmental affairs and policy for Voices for America's Children, Meitner expressed...
- Feud is Alive and Raw for Banks and Credit Unions. Edge, Kathryn Reed // Tennessee Bar Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p29
The article discusses the author's view concerning the feud between the banks and credit unions over the taxation issue in Tennessee. The author explains that a credit union is a not-for-profit mutual association owned by members while banks are for-profit corporation owned by shareholder with...
- KATHRYN A. DENSBORN. Kenninger, Judy // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/9/2009 Women of Influence, p5B
The article offers information on Kathryn A. Densborn, the executive director of Indiana State Lottery Commission. It describes that Densborn has become a successful lobbyist for non-profit organizations, but put her career on hold to look after her children. It cites that Densborn is also busy...