Congress panel agrees to Section 8 restructuring in HUD budget
- City reports: Rochester. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the receipt of a United States Housing and Urban Development grant by Rochester, New York for the implementation of a Youthbuild program. Selection as a site; Aijms of Youthbuild programs; Use of funds.
- HUD seeks higher FHA limit, funds for sec. 8. // Mortgage Banking;Apr97, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the proposal of President Bill Clinton's administration to increase the appropriated funds for the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- HUD STUMBLES ON A BUDGET CUT. Hegland, Corine // National Journal;1/18/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p184
Focuses on the 2003 budget cut facing the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Notice sent by the agency to locally run housing authorities; Criticisms raised against the agency; Various comments on the matter.
- Oversight office seen likely to win funds for hiring staff of 60. Prakash, Snigdha // American Banker;8/25/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 163, p8
Reports on the Department of Housing and Urban Development's Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight head Aida Alvarez's request for additional funds to hire a staff of 60 to regulate the Federal National Mortgage Association and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. Alvarez's plan of hiring...
- Section 8 cuts equal $100 million loss. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;6/12/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p15
Reports that the United States department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has funneled an average of $625 million into the local economy. Comments of Mike Colon, HUD Caribbean coordinator; Possible dwindle in funds; How United States' President Clinton's administration affects the HUD...
- Washington wire. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Apr97, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p30
Reports on developments about the budget of the United States Department for Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Allocation of additional money to renew expiring Section 8 rent subsidy contracts; Launch of processing and underwriting procedures for small multifamily loans.
- Senate spending bill allows HUD to renew expiring Section 8 contracts. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/10/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30411, p4
Reports on a U.S. Senate subcommittee's approval of spending legislation that would give the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development funds to renew every expiring Section 8 contract in fiscal 1999. Recommended HUD budgets; Housing advocates' favorable response to the subcommittee's decision to...
- HUD spending bill gets approval from House panel. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30424, p6
Reports that the House Appropriations Committee has approved a fiscal 1999 spending bill for the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Controversy over the increase in the loan limit for the Federal Housing Administration insurance; Position of the Local Housing Finance Agencies on the...
- Spending bill ready to pass House after two-week delay. Miesler, Daniel; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p4
Focuses on the fiscal 1999 spending bill for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development scheduled for congressional approval. Threat of vetoing the bill due to the addition of a public housing reform measure to include income targeting for public housing.