Transportation bill gets extra: $15 billion of highway bonds
- Texas border region would reap benefits from Senate panel's bond bills. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p3
Reports that the Texas Senate Committee on Border Affairs has approved bills seeking to finance construction of roads using bonds backed by federal funds. Benefits from the bills projected for Texas' border region; Provisions of the proposed legislation.
- Coxey's program, 1894--1. Non-Interest-Bearing Bond Bill. // Coxey's Program, 1894--1 Non-Interest-Bearing Bond Bill;2009, p301
Presents the Good Roads Bill and the Non-Interest-Bearing Bond Bill taken from Jacob S. Coxey's publication `Cause and Cure,' Volume II, as they were introduced in the US House of Representatives in June 1894. Functions of the bills; Different sections of the bills.
- The king's highway is free again. Sheremata, Davis // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/4/95, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p15
Focuses on legislative conflicts to keep Keillor Road open in Edmonton, Alberta. Laws broken by Mayor Jan Reimer's directive to close the road; Petitions and support gained for reopening Keillor Road; Protests by environmentalists.
- Highway funds in doubt. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;7/17/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5614, p2
Presents the results of a study conducted by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, on the consequences should Congress fail to approve the National Highway System, a network of interstate highways and primary and secondary roads. Traffic accidents; Accident-related costs.
- Changes to right-of-access law could hurt Alaskan mining industry. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Feb95, Vol. 196 Issue 2, p16JJ
Reports on the effect of the federal regulations to clarify access under RS-2477 in Alaskan mining community. Use of rights-of-way in the traditional manner; Definition of construct and highway.
- Where's the bill? // Overdrive;Apr98, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p114
Talks about the US Senate's version of the highway reauthorization bill. Upgrade to highways, bridges and mass transit systems under the bill; Similar bill in the House of Representatives; Expiration date of the temporary reauthorization bill.
- Highway bill still not ready. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Jun98, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p21
Deals with pending decision of the United States Congress on whether to remove the highway trust fund from the federal budget process and use it strictly for highways and bridges. Safety issues that are likely to pass by the highway bill conference committee.
- National Highway System bill includes audit, overhead reform. // Point of Beginning;Oct/Nov95, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p95
Reports on the United States approval of an amendment to the National Highway Systems bill.
- Controversy keeps legislation to enact highway system mired in joint conference. Barnes, David // Traffic World;11/13/95, Vol. 244 Issue 7, p21
Reports that the National Highway System remained stalled in a House-Senate conference committee, more than a month after the deadline for its designation passed. Dispute between Senate Republicans and Congressman Bud Shuster over billboards; Senate proposal to allow states not served by Amtrak...