Doing what's important--first
- Time for success: a new approach to a familiar challenge. Preston, David R. // Supervision;Aug99, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p12
Presents tips on how to approach the concept of time management in a different perspective. How to gain control over time; How to invest on time; Types of activities in which people invest time.
- How good a time-killer are you. Sondak, Arthur // Management Review;Sep82, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p58
Advises managers on preventing waste of time in the workplace. Time-wasting opportunities in meetings which are not planned and not controlled; Need to see that proper delegation is applied; Development of flexibility in people; Assignment and monitoring of responsibilities.
- Process mapping trims cycle time. Denton, D. Keith // HRMagazine;Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on process mapping techniques in human resource management to reduce work cycle time. Team approach in solving corporate process problems; Improvement of customer service quality and competency; Clarification of expectations. INSET: One theory on empowerment..
- Time is money ï¿½ save it. Fenton, John // Accountancy;Mar1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1111, p158
Advises executives on time management. Work hours of the average business executive; Value of the executive's time; Waste of time due to time wasted in the toilets at the office or in the factory; Tips for minimizing toilet time.
- Get Others Organized. // New Zealand Management;Nov2000, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p12
Presents ideas on employee and time management. Indicators of a disorganized staff; Advice on developing a time/task schedule for the employees; Tips on office landscaping; Time-saving techniques.
- What I've learned (since starting my own firm). Combs, Susan // Benefits Selling;Aug2014, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p64
The article presents advice from an broker on how to run a successful brokerage firm that includes the need for an office space, acknowledging and recognizing the individuality of one's employees, and the importance of having personal time.
- Downshifters. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Mar96, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on a new breed of workers in the United States referred to as downshifters. Characteristic traits of downshifters; Downshifting for human resource professionals; Factors contributing to the formation of downshifters in the labor force; Types; Shift in a balanced-life focus; Quality...
- Software sampler: Time and attendance/labor management. // Automatic I.D. News;Jun96, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p18
Presents a partial list of time and attendance software. Includes the Quality Tracking and Control module for Axis Computer Systems' AXIOM/mx Open manufacturing software; Features of the CIM+Factory Manager system from CIM Vision International; Upgrading of Data Collection Systems' Data...
- COMMUNITY BOARD. // Journal for Quality & Participation;Spring2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Presents various information related to personnel management. Stress management techniques; Time management and personal productivity; Employee retention.