Keep your expats in the loop
- Save Thousands Per Expatriate. Joinson, Carla // HR Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p73
Discusses the contribution of human resource personnel in reducing the costs of the expatriate programs of companies. Importance of avoiding foreign service premiums; Benefits of keeping the assignments of expatriates flexible; Advantages of developing policies that address the concerns of...
- Managing today's immigrants. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Personnel Journal;Feb93, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p56
Reports that immigrants, who represent distinct training needs and multicultural issues, make up as much as 40 percent of the annual growth in the US work force. To compete, companies must learn to manage them successfully. Breaking down language barriers; Hiring and training foreign-born...
- Immigrants provide wealth of business opportunities. // San Diego Business Journal;07/20/98, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p24
Cites the importance of the United States' non-English-speaking populations as source of workers and market niche. Qualities of immigrant workers; Tips on recruiting and building a multilingual work force; Training resources.
- FROM THE EDITOR. Wynyard, Ruth // Hospitality (11724285);Sep2007, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including a review of the walk up permits to foreign workers and the plan of Hotel SO to adopt a human resource policy in the hope of attracting and keeping the right staff.
- International HR policy basics. Fadel, John J.; Petti, Mark // Workforce (10928332);Apr97 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 76, p29
Outlines the basics of what should be included in an international human resources policy. Areas where the functioning of internal or external systems are needed to meet policy objectives; Key elements usually addressed when developing an international human resources policy; Points to consider...
- Immigration At Work. Schramm, Jennifer // HR Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p160
Discusses workplace issues involving immigrants in the U.S. as of April 2003 Decline in birth rates in the country; Estimated number of immigrants working in the U.S.; Statistics on workplace deaths of non-Hispanics and Latinos; Role of human resource professionals in addressing the issues...
- Repatriation Planning. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Workforce;Oct2001 Supplement, Vol. 80, p22
Gives advice on personnel management of expatriate employees. Planning activities prior to the departure; Services for re-entry in the country of origin; Financial planning and related activities.
- Toward the boundaryless career: a closer look at the expatriate career concept and the perceived implications of an international assignment. Stahl, Gunter K.; Miller, Edwin L.; Tung, Rosalie L. // Journal of World Business;Fall2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p216
Explores the nature of the expatriate career concept based on data from German expatriate managers. Impact of an international assignment on career advancement; Effectiveness of corporate expatriate career management systems; Implications for theory and practice of international human resource...
- License to Work. Gerbman, Russell V. // HR Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p151
Provides information on how to check immigration requirement for alien employees and employment in the United States (U.S.). Information on the number of illegal aliens in the U.S. from October 1996 to year 2000; Importance of reviewing immigration document to human resource (HR) professionals;...