The British warm up to 401(k)-type plans
- Rebates to 401(k) vendors create controversy. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p31
Reports on the controversy concerning fee rebates of 401(k) plan in the U.S. as of March 2002. Reason for the necessary disclosure of the fee rebate; Use of the money for providers who disclose the fee rebate arrangements; Steps needed by plan sponsors to make sure all fees are appropriate.
- More employers drop, lower 401(k) matches. // Employee Benefit News;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p36
Reports on the results of research on U.S. employers that have suspended 401(k) matches conducted by Profit Sharing/401(k) Council of America as of May 2003. Percentage decrease in 401(k) matches from 1999 to 2001; Significance of the decrease in 401(k) matches.
- Let's Teach Employees to Retire. Raphael, Todd // Workforce;Feb2002, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p80
Focuses on problems involving the 401(k) system for U.S. employees in 2002. Lack of participation by some employees; Importance of saving more for employee retirement.
- 401 (k): Nest egg or goose egg? Lane, Rosalie Richards // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on advantages of employer-sponsored 401(k) programs in the United States. Tax and financial advantages; Results of a survey conducted by PlanSponsor.COM.
- Auto enrollment may lead to poor 401(k) returns. Rosenberg, Lee Fletcher // Business Insurance;7/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p4
Focuses on the significance of enrolling employees on the automatic 401(k) plan enrollment programs in the United States. Description of the program; Benefits of the program to employees; Disadvantages of the program.
- 401(k) sponsors trying to boost participation. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;11/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p3
Focuses on the efforts of employers to boost participation among employees in 401 (K) plans. Significance of the strategies to boost plan enrollment; Effects of boosting participation on employers and employees; Offering of investment choices by employers.
- How Sponsors Select and Retain Funds and Share Info With Participants. // Benefits Quarterly;2008 2nd Quarter, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p62
An excerpt from a report which relates how sponsors can select and retain investment funds, as well as share information with participants that was published in the January 2008 issue of the journal "Managing 401(k) Plans" is presented.
- 401(k) Plan Asset Allocation, Account Balances, and Loan Activity in 2008. // Benefits Quarterly;2010 First Quarter, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p59
The article reviews the article "401 (k) Plan Asset Allocation, Account Balances, and Loan Activity in 2008," by Jack VanDerhei, Sarah Holden and Luis Alonso, which appeared in the journal "EBRI Issue Brief."
- How firms can ride the Dow's ups and downs. Riccitiello, Robina // Crain's Chicago Business;4/15/96, Vol. 19 Issue 16, pSR1
Presents information on how companies in the United States can educate their 401(k) mutual fund investors about the vagaries of the stock market. Why stock-based funds are considered the best option for 401(k)s and other retirement plans; Communicating with investors about shaky 401(k)...