Short-term assignments grow in popularity
- There is a belief that protecting just the mortgage does not go far enough. // Mortgage Strategy;6/13/2011, p24
The author reflects on the growing popularity of short-term insurance protection (IP) on mortgage loans in Great Britain.
- Short-term assignment: Tool to groom talent. JOSHI, ATUL // Human Capital;May2013, p62
The article focuses on the implementation of the short-term assignment (STA) process as a tool for grooming talent at company Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. It informs that employees are selected and sent on project assignments to different business functions for three to four months. It reports that...
- Short Term, Big Benefit. Temple, Hollee Schwartz // ABA Journal;May2013, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p27
In this article, the author discusses work-life balance in the job of lawyers citing reference to patent attorney Kevin Boland who focuses on fluoropolymer technology. According to consultant Deborah Epstein Henry, growing number of companies in the U.S. are hiring secondment firms for attorneys...
- Panda Bears. Hockenberry, Dee // Teddy Bear & Friends;May/Jun2006, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p22
The article focuses on the Panda toys and its growing popularity.
- For a quick getaway, try a short cruise. Harryman, Elizabeth; Lasley, Paul // Christian Science Monitor;9/28/99, Vol. 91 Issue 212, p14
Focuses on the growing popularity of three to five night cruises.
- Promised Land. Kurlantzick, Joshua // Entrepreneur;Jan2004, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p66
Studies the growing popularity of China as a destination for expanding entrepreneurs. Advantages of smaller companies in investing in China; Less obligation to locate offices and factories in areas favored by Beijing; Tendency of small companies to focus more on short-term profitability in...
- An Encyclopedia Of the People, By the People and For the People. Goldsborough, Reid // Community College Week;6/20/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p30
Focuses on the growing popularity of the free collaborative Web-based encyclopedia called Wikipedia. Market share of Wikipedia in 2004; Distinctive features of Wikipedia; Limitations of Wikipedia.
- Consumer receptive alternative preparations (CRAP). Farrell, Liam // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;5/15/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7755, p1088
In this article the author comments on the growing popularity of homoeopathic products based on their profitability and not on their effectiveness.
- In the meantime... Altman, Wilf // Process Engineering;May2003, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p23
Explains the growing demand for interim executives and professionals to come in and manage short-term assignments. Main users of interim managers; Daily fee rate earned by interim managers; Key to success as an interim manager.