Agencies study SEC case in Pennsylvania
- 2 Pennsylvania school districts on Watchlist. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30252, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service placed the general obligations ratings of two Pennsylvania school districts with investment exposure to Devon Capital Management Inc. on Watchlist for potential downgrade. Districts' investment of their entire fund balance with Devon.
- Buffalo Gets A Double Downgrade. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p1
Both Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. on June 19, 2003 downgraded Buffalo, New York, leaving the western New York city's $465 million in outstanding bonds just one step above junk bond status. George E. Pataki would compromise on legislation creating a fiscal control...
- Massachusetts' Amherst College on Rating High Going Into Next Week's $50M Deal. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p3
For Amherst, Massachusetts-based Amherst College, an affirmation in the week ending June 20, 2003 of its Aaa rating from Moody's Investors Service Inc. and an upgrade to AAA from Standard & Poor's Corp. came as a pleasant surprise amid other downgrades in Massachusetts' education sector. This...
- Weakened N.Y. County on Moody's Watch List. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p39
Reports on the focus of Moody's Investors Service on Monroe County, New York for a possible downgrade affecting in outstanding debt. Effects of the decision of Moody on the county's financial condition; Reliance of county on manufacturing sector; Credit of Standard & Poor's rating outlook for...
- One-Year Note Index. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p33
Presents a chart depicting the one-year note index of bonds in the U.S. Calculation of note index; Rates given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. on bond issuers.
- Moody's, S&P issue a pair of downgrades. // AHA News;11/01/99, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p2
Presents information on the lowering of health care revenue bonds of two investments company. Web site of Moody's Investors Service; Rating of health care revenue bonds of Standard & Poor's.
- CDO Pros Poached from Rating Agencies. Gregory, Michael // Bank Loan Report;08/14/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p1
Focuses on the collateralized debt obligation (CDO) groups of Standard & Poor's (S&P) and Moody's Investors Service. CDO professionals lost by S&P and Moody's; Plan of HarbourView to launch HarbourView CBO III; Previous CDO of HarborView.
- Agencies start rating governance. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/8/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 48, p1A
Reports on corporate governance developments among companies in the U.S. Moody's Investors Service's appointment of Kenneth Bertsch to head its corporate governance analysis; Release of Standard & Poor's annual report card on corporate disclosure policies.
- Downgrades outpace upgrades. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p6
Reports on ratings on municipal healthcare bond ratings. Ratings by Standard & Poor's Corp.; Ratings from Moody's Investors Service of New York; Downgraded facilities as single-site hospitals in competitive markets that have been unable to keep up with the rapid pace of change.