California water district sues former financial adviser in bond default
- California FA wins damages from district that sued it. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/19/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30750, p1
Reports that Calaveras County Water District in California has paid 300,000 dollars to C.M. de Crinis & Co. and president Curt de Crinis for damages from a lawsuit. Details of the lawsuit filed by the water district against the financial adviser.
- Judge throws out part of malpractice suit against Calif. financial adviser. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;06/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30652, p56
Reports on a malpractice lawsuit filed against C.M. de Crinis & Co. Details of the lawsuit filed by the Calaveras County Water District; District's plan to recover punitive and compensatory damages.
- Residents request annexation into Metro Water District. // Inside Tucson Business;5/5/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p20
Reports on the petition made by residents of the Metro-Hub service area for a formal annexation into the Metro Water District in Tucson, Arizona. Number of customers covered by the Metro-Hub service; Goal of having a more active role in the policymaking and rate-making process of Metro Water...
- Southern N.H. towns back water district effort. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/21/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p16B
Reports on the decision of communities in southern New Hampshire to support efforts to buy parts of Pennichuck Water Works and form a regional water district. Lack of control over water supply in the area; Development of watershed land.
- First San Diego, Next Stop Orange County for Poseidon. WEBSTER, KEELEY // Bond Buyer;7/29/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33952, p7
The article reports that the board of directors of Water District in Orange County, California has approved the staff recommendations to study purchasing of 50 million gallons of drinking water through the Huntington Beach seawater desalination project.
- Tax Questions Force Kentucky Authority To Scrub Refunding. Molis, Jim; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p1
Reports that the Northern Kentucky Water Service District and its advisers killed the closing of a bond deal that sold in late August 1998. Discovery of a refunding portion that runs afoul with federal tax laws; Orders cancelled by underwriter William R. Hough & Co.; Absence of fault in the...
- Southern California water rates face validation. Monsarrat, Sean; Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30201, p2
Reports that the water wheeling rates of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California will face validation proceedings on October 9, 1997.
- South Huntington, Hicksville win contest. R.P. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/18/98, Vol. 45 Issue 20, p19
Reports that the South Huntington Water District and the Hicksville Water District in Long Island, New York were winners of 1998 Best Tasting Tap Water Contest. Long Island Water Conference's sponsorship of the contest; Commemoration of National Drinking Water Week.
- Water district sets April 7 filing deadline. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/17/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Lakeside Water Supply District of Bosque County to hold an election for two members of its Board of Directors on May 8, 2010 in Texas.