Bill may prohibit new D.C. computer system
- Minnesota Passes Budget-Repair Measure. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31388, p34
No abstract available.
- Hospitals fear repercussions of Boren Amendment repeal. Figura, Susannah Zak // AHA News;12/22/97, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the impact of the repealing of the Boren Amendment of the 1997 Balance Budget Act on hospitals in the United States. Use of existing administrative procedures process; Public hearings held to share proposed and final changes of the legislation.
- Washington, D.C.--another hit aimed at troubled companies. // Business Credit;Apr95, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p2
Reviews the provisions of the Bankruptcy Reform law and repeal of a tax code in the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993. Effect on small business reorganizations.
- Subpart A--Currently enacted legislation. // Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms Quarterly Bulletin;1/16/90-3/15/90, Vol. 1, p57
The article discusses the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1989, enacted by the Senate and House Representatives of the United States of America in Congress as Assembled. Titles, sections and provisions of the enacted legislation.
- Subpart B--Committee reports. // Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms Quarterly Bulletin;1/16/91-3/15/91, Vol. 1, p98
Provides information on the House Report Number 101-881, 101st Congress, regarding the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990. Explanation of the act's provisions.
- Subpart A--Currently enacted legislation. // Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms Quarterly Bulletin;1/16/91-3/15/91, Vol. 1, p83
Discusses information on Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990. Titles and sections within the enacted legislation; Provisions of the enacted legislation; Its effectivity; Other supplementary information.
- The balanced budget blunder. Aaron, Henry J. // Brookings Review;Spring94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p47
Opinion. Discusses the balanced budget amendment proposed and rejected in the United States Senate. Flaws in the amendment; Extension of the range and application of minority obstructionism in the Senate; Examples of shortcomings in the proposed amendment; Mandatory payments for health care;...
- Final budget war to be waged over tax cuts. Lowe, Roger // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/5/95, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the deliberations by a US House and Senate conference committees on the federal budget for 2002. Features of the versions by both chambers; Proposed tax cuts in the House version; Reaction by business groups to the proposed budget; Criticisms of the two versions inclusion of a...
- Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990. // Congressional Digest;Dec90, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p291
Summarizes the Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990, which cleared the Congress on October 27. It was designed to reduce the deficit by $500 billion over five years.
- `Should Congress Approve the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990?' PRO. Michell, R.H.; Rostenkowski, D. // Congressional Digest;Dec90, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p296
Argues in favor of Congress approving the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990, through House floor speeches by Congressmen Robert H. Michel, Dan Rostenkowski, John J. LaFalce, Leon E. Panetta, Richard A. Gephardt and Paul E. Kanjorski.