S&P stands firm on California's A-plus rating
- S&P improves outlook on N.Y.C.'s debt total; bond ratings unaltered. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p40
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrading of its credit outlook for New York City's $27 billion of outstanding general obligation bonds. Rating on the debt; Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's announcement of the city's budget surplus for fiscal 1998; Need for the city to adopt a budget that is...
- S&P Drops Munis Bcked by HVB, Toronto-Dominion. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p3
Reports that the credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. lowered its short-term ratings on municipal bond issues in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the ratings; Effect of the ratings on the Pennsylvania State University's variable-rate revenue bonds.
- Standard & Poor's upgrades Memphis Sewer System bonds to AA-plus. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p40
Reports on Standard & Poor's upgrading of Memphis, Tennessee sewer system revenue bonds to AA-plus, making it the highest-rated bond of its kind covered by the agency. Factors on which the upgrade was based; Ratings given by other agencies.
- Dallas Water, Sewer Bonds Raised by S&P. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's has raised its rating on the waterworks and sewer bonds of Dallas, Texas. Factors behind the upgrade in the city's bond ratings; Impact of healthy economic conditions on Dallas' bond ratings.
- Report offers glimpse into S&P's GO rating criteria. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30574, p3
Reports on Standard and Poor's Corp.'s release of guidelines for evaluating tax-backed general obligation (GO) debt. Report authors David Hitchcock and Hyman Grossman's listing of the ratios the agency uses to analyze GO offerings; Wisconsin's planned GO bond issue.
- Upgrade parade continues, hindered only by health care. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;04/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30615, p7
Focuses on developments related to rating of municipal bonds in the United States as of April 8, 1999. Increase in number of rating upgrades released by Standard and Poor's; Factors affecting the market.
- Oklahoma Court's decision prompts S&P to restore agency's stable outlook. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/03/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30406, p34
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) removal of Tulsa County Criminal Justice Authority's bonds from CreditWatch following the Oklahoma Supreme Court's ruling that the authority was created legally. S&P's ratings on sales tax bonds in January 1998; S&P's stable outlook on the bonds;...
- S&P changes outlook on two N.J. counties. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/09/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30431, p36
Reports on Standard & Poor's' (S&P) ratings for Gloucester County and Union County in New Jersey. Revision of the counties' AA-minus ratings from stable to negative; Factors which led S&P to change its outlook on the two counties.
- GEORGIA: Woodstock's 3-Notch Drop. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/4/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33792, p7
The article offers information that the company Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its rating on general obligation bonds of Woodstock, Georgia to A-minus from AA-minus.