Smith Barney underwrites University of Arizona deal for free
- Smith Barney shutters Omaha office; municipal business may be under review. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;09/16/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30231, p25
Reports on Smith Barney Inc.'s closure of its Omaha office. Elimination of at least five jobs; Firm's reevaluation of its core municipal business; Comments from executives; Scaling back of the firm's municipal operation; Absence of plan for any additional closings; Plan to internally relocate...
- Smith Barney tops stockbroker ranking. R.P. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/02/98, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the largest stock brokerage firms on Long Island, New York based on the number of licensed stockbrokers for the week ending February 2, 1998. Includes Smith Barney; Royce Investment Group; Janney Montgomery Scott.
- Smith Barney tops stockbroker ranking. C.F. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/5/96, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p27
Announces that Smith Barney is the top stockbroker of Long Island, New York for February 1996.
- Salomon-Barney cost savings are just on target. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p7
Presents information on the headcount and projected cost savings of Salomon Smith Barney. Comments from James Dimon, co-chief executive of the company; Estimated number of persons who left the company's payroll; Expectations of megamergers among financial service firms; Detailed information on...
- Salomon loses a top block trader as effort stalls. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p7
States that Salomon Smith Barney's equity block trading business suffered a setback the week of April 4, 1998, after losing its co-head of block trading, Bill Schneider. Company that has employed Schneider; Changes made in management due to loss of Schneider; Information pertaining to the firm.
- Seminars planned on estate preservation. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/10/97, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p12
Reports on Smith Barney's plans to launch a series of free seminars on estate preservation on Long Island, New York on March 20-22, 1997.
- Smith Barney combines. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;11/14/94, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p38
Reports on the merger of Smith Barney Inc.'s two fund groups. Assets; Initial investments.
- Smith Barney seeks to start trust bank in state. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;07/21/97, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p21
Reports that Smith Barney Incorporated has applied to the Michigan Financial Bureau to establish the Smith Barney Private Trust Bank of Michigan. Specializations of the company; Comments from Edward Orazem, a senior vice in New York.
- Politics doom consultant. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;8/22/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p32
Reports on the termination of Smith Barney Inc. as the investment consultant for the Firemen's Annuity & Benefit Fund of Chicago. Reasons behind the termination; Charges of acceptance of finders fee as a result of Smith Barney winning the firemen's account; Concern over Smith Barney's wrap fee...