Automated screening could save you a bundle
- Detailed job description a good start in worker search. O'Connell, Mike // Inside Tucson Business;06/22/98, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p11
Presents guidelines for business enterprises on how to recruit employees. Necessity of presenting a detailed job description for the position; Sources for positions through business or personal contacts; Screening process; Questions that need to be covered during the interview.
- Background investigations are worth the money and effort. Brown, Harry // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug98, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p81
Points out that employee background investigations (BI) are worth the cost and effort involved. Several objections against BI; Advantages of BI during pre-employment phase; BI process; Elements of a comprehensive BI; Polygraph as a viable tool in the BI process.
- Anatomy of a Placement. Fishman, David // Fordyce Letter;May2013, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p1
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in recruiting an employee and making him land a position suited for his qualifications.
- A HIRING DILEMMA: Pre-Employment Background Checks. Gudde, Levi // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2000, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p64
Discusses the benefits and drawbacks of using pre-employment background checks. Responsibility of employers to establish and maintain a safe and secure work environment for employees and clients by hiring the right people; Liability of employers for negligent hiring practices; Cost of a...
- Being Selective. Sanders, Seiche // Quality Progress;Dec2013, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the results of "QP" magazine's 2013 Salary Survey regarding what recruitment managers look for when reviewing candidates for employment.
- Background checks: What employers need to know. Gaal, John // Business Journal (Central New York);04/23/99, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p13
Present tips to employers in the United States who want to conduct background checks of applicants or current employees in line for a promotion. Need to be aware of certain federal statutory requirements to be considered when a background check is undertaken; Steps to follow when obtaining...
- Employers need to know who's lurking behind that application. Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/23/2001, Issue 322802, p3
Discusses the importance of a thorough screening of prospective employees in Fresno, California. Origin of Backgrounds, a pre-employment screening service company; Screening methods employed of the company; Account on the behaviors of some employees affecting the employer.
- A smile wouldn't crack your face. // Recruiter;8/17/2011, p10
The article presents the top 10 turn-offs by recruitment employers when hiring in Great Britain which include failure to make an eye contact, a weak handshake, and failure to smile.
- Checking and vetting is vital for business. Doke, DeeDee // Resourcing;Oct2008, Issue 9, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on background checking and immigration concerns, and another on an event sponsored by the periodical "Resourcing."