- Employee Outsourcing Solutions. // Personnel Journal;Jul94 Supplement, Vol. 72, p6
The article presents information related to H.R. Options Inc., a provider of staffing solutions for corporations throughout the U.S. and Canada. The company provides employment outsourcing options tailored to meet specific needs. It also helps to manage issues like independent contractor...
- Jazz up your everyday processes with multimedia. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce;Mar97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p9
Identifies some of the advantages multimedia offers to H.R. Options Inc. Ways that HR departments can use multimedia.
- Beware the lure of the independent contractor. Murphy, James A. // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, pA-5
Looks at the utilization of independent contractors. Details on legal aspects regarding payment; Determination of an independent contractor of employee status; Evaluation of a specific work situation; Benchmarks for indication of an independent contractor arrangement.
- Savings or legal snare? Bordwin, Milton // Management Review;Nov95, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p9
Gives information on a series of legal briefs. Information on independent contractors; Recommendations.
- State attempts to define `independent contractor'. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;2/24/97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on efforts to adopt common guidelines in identifying workers as employees or independent contractors in New York. Review of guidelines by the state Labor Department; Use of independent contractors to reduce labor costs.
- Employee or independent contractor? Schulman, Mark L. // Association Management;Sep96, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p181
Presents the guidelines used by the government when determining whether a company or organization should hire independent contractors or employees. Reasons why some employers prefer to hire independent contractors.
- St. Louis contractors discuss the market and methodology for their businesses. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News;09/21/98, Vol. 205 Issue 3, p3
Profiles Saint Louis, Missouri-area independent contractors that continue to survive and profit in the face of consolidation and utility deregulation. Welsch Heating & Cooling; Jerry Kelly Heating & Air Conditioning; Unique Indoor Comfort; Training of service technicians on all aspects of a...
- Is that self-employed assistant really an employee? Goldberg, Martin A. // Medical Economics;4/24/95, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p89
Presents criteria for discerning whether a worker is an independent contractor or an employee. Controlling the person; Hiring the person's assistant; Determining work hours; Exclusive services; Payment of expenses; Provision of livelihood; Threats of liability.
- Signed up and sold out? Collins, Clayton // Christian Science Monitor;2/28/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 66, p11
Focuses on the popularity in the United States of contract working by independent professionals who sell their specialized skills to several companies.