Manager's checklist for partnering with employees
- Are you ready for the future? Bethel // Executive Excellence;Dec99, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p4
Deals with the three major drivers that confront executives in the twenty-first century. Speed of change; Need for partnerships and alliances; Shift from customer service to customer focus.
- Directors in Hot Water: Top 10 Traps. Davies, John // Credit Management;Apr2002, p34
Focuses on the dismissal of several directors across various sectors in Great Britain. Interest of the authorities in monitoring the standards of directors' conduct; Information on the rules on directors' duties and corresponding liabilities; Identification of common areas of neglect of directors.
- Clientele of University-based Executive Education Programs at AACSB Accredited Schools of Business Administration. Maidment, Fred H. // American Business Review;Jan1986, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p25
Investigates the clientele of university-based executive education programs at AACSB accredited schools of business administration in the U.S. Overview of the literature on executive education; Types of organizations sending employees to programs; Geographical concentration of clientele.
- On The Management Side. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Dec99, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p10
Presents tips for automobile company managers. Steps to increase work initiatives; Techniques that can increase personal productivity; Nonessentials that drain managers.
- Clicking over women power. Keenan, Ted // Finance Week;1/20/2003, p47
Discusses the promotion of women to senior management positions in various companies in South Africa. Comments of Lara Bryant, brand leader of Clicks Stores, on the management style and direction of the company; Views that putting women into senior positions is often seen as affirmative action;...
- A Management Effectiveness In Manager Development. Raines, Irving I. // Training & Development Journal;Oct66, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p34
Discusses the development of manager training programs in 1966. Complexity of the roles of managers in organizations; Goals of manager development; Innovations in management techniques; Use of integrated team approach; Correlation between management effectiveness and company philosophy.
- Why Won't They Follow Simple Directions? Klein, Gary // Across the Board;Feb2000, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p14
Provides tips to leaders in business organizations regarding tasking or conveying directions to their subordinates. Reasons people do not follow directions; Importance of explaining the intent when giving directions; Remedies to misunderstanding that should be avoided; Ways leaders can improve...
- Managing in turbulent times. McCallum, John S. // Business Quarterly;Autumn92, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p19
Opinion. Cites questions that can guide enterprise managers through an enormously complex undertaking. Identifying the competition; Determining the course of technologies relevant to the business; Adaptation to change; Importance of the balance sheet in attracting financial capital; Coping...
- The manager's job is still to manage. McCallum, John // Business Quarterly;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p61
Opinion. Emphasizes the importance of management in a corporation's success. Challenges presented by the economic environment; Characteristics of effective managers.