Calculating the cost of work/life turnover
- The TEN DISCIPLINES of Business Turnaround. Eitel, Charles R. // Management Review;Dec98, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p13
Presents information on business turnaround. Role of workplace behavior to the improvement of the company; Ten disciplines that will help the company facilitate changes.
- Kier looks safe on PFI. // Contract Journal;7/24/2002, Vol. 414 Issue 6387, p7
Focuses on the stability of Kier London with its business operations. Impact of the accounting standard Urgent Issues Task Force abstract 34 on the construction industry; Information on the trading statement of Kier; Construction contracts won by the company.
- Consolidation sees Boughey profit rise. // Motor Transport;2/9/2015, p6
The article offers information on the increase in the turnover and profit of Boughey Distribution after consolidating business operations in Deeside, Wales to its site at Wardle, Greater Manchester, England.
- Ceiling inventory under control. Gray, Andi // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/15/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p7
The author offers advice on how to manage inventory. One is to evaluate the inventory storage area and limit the amount of space available for inventory. Next is to look at the procedures for ordering, tracking and returning goods, and set goals to increase turnover. Finally, she stresses that...
- CLIVE JACOBS: HOLIDAY AUTOS. // Management Today;Sep2002, p73
Focuses on the decision making approach of Holiday Autos co-founder Clive Jacobs in managing the business in Great Britain. Aim of building an international business; Improvement in the company turnover; Failure of a joint venture established by the executive.
- Yokohama grows sales in China. Chow, Namrita // Tire Business;8/27/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p33
The article informs that Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd.'s (YRC) sales efforts in China are rolling along full speed with revenues expected to jump 50 percent in 2007 to nearly $115 million. It is reported that the company's $81 million truck and bus tire plant, Suzhou Yokohama Tire Co., in Suzhou,...
- Case of Successful Evolution of Strategy to Create a Sustainable Business Organization: Managerial Implications and Challenges. Kulkarni, Gururaj // International Journal of Business & Management;Mar2013, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p96
About couple of decades back, Prince Group was one of the leaders in Plastic Industry. They had occupied No. 2 status in the country. This one particular organization of the Prince Group, was in the business of Manufacturing and Marketing of Injection molded Crates, Blow molded jars, drums,...
- TIPPING POINTS FOR INVOLUNTARY TURNOVER. LONGENECKER, CLINTON O.; FINK, LAURENCE S. // Industrial Management;May/Jun2013, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p10
An uncertain economy and high unemployment might make organizations complacent about their current managerial staff. But enterprises everywhere are looking for good managers. To keep them from poaching yours, take steps to ameliorate the top 10 tipping points that could drive your...
- Starbucks' cup runneth over. Craig, Tim // Retailing Today;2/11/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p6
The author reflects on the business development of Starbucks Corp. in the U.S. He argued that Starbucks has been growing at a blistering pace due to its comp-store sales obsession and intent on driving shareholder value. He noted that the company added more new stores in 2007 than it had in its...