150 years of history
- World History vs. Global History? The Changing Worldview in Contemporary China. Wang, Q. Edward // Chinese Studies in History;Spring2009, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses feature articles from the issue, including Qian Chengdan's "Constructing a New Disciplinary Framework of Modern World History Around the Theme of Modernization," Yu Pei's "Global History and National Historical Memory,"...
- IN THIS ISSUE. // Chinese Historical Review;Fall2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, preceding p129
An introduction is presented for the issue, highlighting contributions on Chinese history by Wei Bingbing, Fan Xin, and Charles Kraus.
- WORKS RECEIVED. // China Review International;2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p120
A bibliography of works received by the journal for review as of 2011 is presented, including "Thinking through Confucian Modernity: A Study of Mou Zongshan's Moral Metaphysics," by Sebastien Billioud, "Uneven Modernity: Literature, Film, and Intellectual Discourse in Postsocialist China," by...
- China Encounters the World: In Memory of Zhang Zhilian (1918-2008). EDWARD WANG, Q. // Chinese Studies in History;Spring2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p3
The article introduces reports within the issue such as "The Problem of Politics in the French Revolution" by Lynn Hunt, "Language, Mathematics, Rationality: Categories or Functions Concerning China and Our Age-Old Traditions" by Jacques Gernet, and "China and France: The Image of the Other" by...
- APPENDIX. // Fight for the Republic in China by Bertram Lenox Simpson;1/1/1918, p200
A variety of algorithms, forms and abdications that relate to the topics that appeared in the book "The Fight for the Republic in China," by B. L. Putnam Weale are presented.
- RESOURCES. // Calliope;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p46
Presents information on the resource that offers materials on ancient and contemporary China.
- Old Cricket says. // Cricket;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p64
Provides information about mandarins, public officials in ancient China who had to go through rigorous tests, and speculates about the importance of their graduation.
- WORKS RECEIVED. // China Review International;2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p507
A bibliography of works received by the journal as of 2010 is presented, including "Burning Money: The Material Spirit of the Chinese Lifeworld," by C. Fred Blake, "Confucianism, Colonialism, and the Cold War: Chinese Cultural Education at Hong Kongâ€™s New Asia College: 1949-1963," by...
- Letters. Ernsberger, Patricia Blake Clark // Montana: The Magazine of Western History;Summer2012, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p83
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Beyond the 'Mongolian Muddle': Reconsidering Virginia City, Montana's China War of 1881" by Laura J. Arata in the Spring 2012 issue.
- History. // China Country Review;2010, p6
The article offers brief information on the political history of China.