Gabriel Voisin offered France the ultimate strategic bomber of World War I--a freakish triplane
- Lockheed Martin. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/21/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the agreement to jointly develop and produce KTX-2 Advanced Trainer/ Fighter Lead-in aircraft by Lockheed Martin and Samsung Aerospace companies, for the Republic of Korea. Systems development; Flight scheduling.
- Russia. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/1/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the skepticism expressed by the Western European officials on the claims of Russia concerning the ANPK MiG design bureau's 1.42 technology demonstrator. Views on the aircraft.
- Historic Aircraft. Polmar, Norman // Naval History;Aug2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
Features the Grumman F6F Hellcat fighter plane. Number of enemy aircraft destroyed by the plane during World War II; Design and construction of the prototype; Physical description.
- French strategists downplay need for super high-agility fighter. // Interavia Business & Technology;Jun94, Vol. 49 Issue 579, p54
Reports on the parameters in aircraft designs highlighted by French air strategists at a conference in Metz, France. Emphasis on low-observability criteria; Need for highly maneuverable warplanes; Other parameters; Need to prolong the service life of the weapons.
- Pentagon seeks next jet fighter. Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;8/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 174, p1
Discusses the plan of defense officials to build super-sonic attack fighters and some planes in order to serve the Air Force, Navy and Marines. Budget requirement for the aircraft development program and the awaited approval from the Congress; Brief on the JAST (Joint Advanced Strike...
- Aerial Oddities. Johnson, E.R. // Aviation History;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Presents information on design and development of the fighter plane Martin XB-51, purchased by the U.S. Army Air Forces. Manufacturer of the aircraft; Features of Martin XB-51; Details on the maiden flight of XB-51 prototype.
- United States, Britain to design new fighter. Wingo, Walter // Design News;9/12/94, Vol. 50 Issue 17, p22
Reports on the joint venture agreement between the United States and Great Britain to develop concepts for modular jet fighter that can perform various military tasks. Replacement of existing fighter planes; Technology demonstrations of the plane's concept.
- Pentagon launches study for new strike fighter. Wingo, Walter // Design News;4/25/94, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the plans by the Joint Advanced Strike Technology fund studies for the development of common components to be designed into strike aircraft for the twenty-first century. Amount of to be granted; Development of Short Takeoff and Vertical Landing Strike Fighter (SSF); Companies...
- Untitled. // Military Technology;2010, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p86
The article reports on the introduction of combined RAFALE fighter aircraft carrying the ASMP-A air-to-surface nuclear cruise missile into operational service with the French Air Force at Saint-Dizier Air Base (BA 113) in North-eastern France on July 1, 2010.