- Duke Power and PanEnergy to merge. // Modern Power Systems;Jan97, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
Reports on North Carolina-based electric utility Duke Power's agreement to merge with natural gas pipeline company PanEnergy of Houston, Texas. Value of transaction; Integration of the two companies' electricity and natural gas businesses into a new conglomerate.
- PanEnergy sold in $7.7 billion deal. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan97, Vol. 224 Issue 1, p7
Reports on Duke Power Co.'s acquisition of PanEnergy Corp. creating the second largest natural-gas marketing and electric power company in Charlotte, North Carolina. Comments on the merger; Name of the merger.
- Duke Power, PanEnergy merger creates behemoth. // Energy User News;Dec96, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the merger between power utilities Duke Power Co. and PanEnergy Corp. Duke's active role in the independent power industry; Involvement of both companies in energy marketing ventures; Creation of a new energy transportation group to manage Duke's grid and PanEnergy's pipelines;...
- PanEnergy-Duke merger approved. // Modern Power Systems;Jun97, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the merger of PanEnergy Corp. and Duke Power Co. Total cost of the merger; Terms of the agreement.
- Energy to burn. Gray, Tim // Business North Carolina;July97, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on the Duke Power Company in North Carolina. Description of its financial problems during the 1970s; Information on Bill Grigg, the executive officer who led the company out of its financial problems; Possible merger of Duke with PanEnergy Corporation; Benefits of the merger for Duke;...
- Virtual mergers. // Communications News;Oct97, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p41
Discusses the importance of multipoint videoconferencing in the merger between Houston, Texas-based Duke Power Co. and Pan Energy. Simultaneous communications of more than two people from different locations; Benefits of videoconferencing; Multi-point conferencing provided through Multimedia...
- Pan Energy, Duke Power Shareholders Approve Merger of Companies. // American Gas;Jun97, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the approval of the shareholders on the merger of PanEnergy Corp. and Duke Power Co. in the U.S. Formation of Duke Energy Corp.; Integration of the companies; Reduction of the waiting period prescribed in the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
- Giant energy combine formed. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/30/97, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the completion of a merger between Duke Power Co. and Panenergy Corp. in the United States. Terms of merger; Conversion of Panenergy Crop. stocks; Opportunities in deregulated energy market; Capabilities of the merged company.
- Duke power, panenergy agree to $7.7 billion merger agreement. Warkentin, Denise // Electric Light & Power;Jan1997, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p1
Reports the merging of Duke Power Company and PanEnergy Corporation. Worth of the agreement; Status of PanEnergy in natural gas market; Number of customers served by Duke Power.