The changing face of mini-HDD manufacturers
- HDD gets smaller. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p49
Provides information on micro horizontal directional drill (HDD) units exhibited at the 1998 Underground Construction Technology Conference held in January 1998. Service-line applications; Price; Specifications; Features of the products, namely, Boulder Underground Inc.'s Tru-Grade Micro-HDD,...
- What's new in directional drilling rigs. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan95, Vol. 222 Issue 1, p46
Features new directional drilling rigs. Includes StraightLine Mfg. Inc.'s trenchless system; American Directional Drill Division's DD-25; Quick-Shot Model 5120 Guided Boring System.
- Directional drilling rigs. Aucoin, Mary P. // Underground Construction;Sep97, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p60
Features various directional drilling rigs. Includes Contractors Manufacturing Services' CMS1510TMSC; Ditch Witch's JT2321; Melfred Borzall's Quick Shot.
- Equipment spotlight--horizontal directional drills. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Sep96, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p60
Presents horizontal directional drills from various manufacturers. Includes StraightLine Manufacturing's 1010 model directional drilling system; Quick-Shot from Melfred Borzall; JT920 directional boring system of Ditch Witch; Rotamole 6000 dry guided boring rig from Steve Vick International.
- Equipment spotlight--locators. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Sep96, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p62
Presents directional drilling locators from various manufacturers. Includes Rycom's 8870 and 8875 Locators; RD590 plastic gas pipe tracer from Radiodetection Corp.; Spot D Tek III multi-featured directional bore location system from McLaughlin.
- Locator equipment selection guide. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Sep96, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p64
Presents a locator equipment selection guide. Model; Manufacturer; Key specifications.
- New product. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Sep96, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p66
Presents several directional drilling products and equipment. Includes Ditch Witch boring bit; Larger capacity directional drilling swivel from Condux International; Bor-mor's model BPDHP drill fluid mixing system.
- What's new in directional drilling rigs and pipe locators. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan97, Vol. 224 Issue 1, p51
Presents equipment and supplies related to directional drilling and pipelines. Includes Ingersoll-Rand Co.'s directional drill and companion SAMS mud-mixing system; Bor-It Manufacturing Co.'s Model 60 Destroyer horizontal earth boring machine; Charles Machine Works Inc.'s skid-mounted mud...
- Intelligent drill avoids obstacles. Wilson, Jim; Fillon, Mike // Popular Mechanics;Apr97, Vol. 174 Issue 4, p26
Discusses the important use of computer-controlled rock drill in constructing an underground channel to connect two islands. Structure of the controlled directional drilling; Other use of computer-controlled rock drill.