Blind hole technology
- The Well Revolution. Hill, Heather // Africa Report;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p48
Explains that in Zimbabwe, the "upgraded family well" is a new status symbol. Construction of the well by families with materials from the Mvuramanzi Trust. About 12,000 family wells giving rise to vegetable gardens, fruit trees, and small woodlots. Comments from Peter Morgan; Water and...
- Trouble-shooting the well. Ireland, T. // Country Journal;Apr88, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p51
The author tells of the trials and tribulations of drilling his well. Drilling; Pumping the water; Maintaining the pump.
- A low-cost, driven well. Dungan, Fred // Country Journal;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p81
Offers tips for creating a well to augment a water supply. Choosing a location; Materials; Digging a pit; Driving pipe into ground; Checking if water is found; Cleaning a well.
- Indonesia's important Wiriagar deep being tested. Tang, Peter // Offshore;Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p12
Reports on testing by Wiriagar Deep #2 in the Berau PSC in offshore Bintuni of Western Irian Jaya. Location of well; Who was responsible for drilling.
- Bastian Bay strike drilled by Vastar. Crowden, Michael // Offshore;Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p14
Presents information on the testing of Bastian Bay well by Vastar Resources. Background information on discovery.
- Betting on subsea. De Luca, Joao Carlos // Offshore;Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p25
Discusses the evolution for the use of subsea technology on wells. Type of challenge this presents; What technology must improve; Role of the development of subsea's boosting equipment; Details on prototype; Power requirement for systems.
- One thousand words. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/8/2008, Vol. 178 Issue 8, p1039
A photograph of children enjoying the water from a well in Oddar Meanchey province, Cambodia is presented.
- Using expandable tubular technology to manage water production in open-hole environments. Jabs, Matthew // Offshore;Jan2003, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p72
Focuses on the use of expandable tubular technology to manage water production in open-hole environments in the U.S. Repair of casing and tubing; Identification of the annular space between the wellbore and a sand control screen; Occurrence of large volumes of hydrocarbons following of...
- Surrey high school donates to build well in Kenya. // Asian Pacific Post;4/19/2012, p4
The article reports on a project launched by Students Without Borders to construct a well in Kenya.