Elmore brings successful microtunneling to Vegas
- Microtunneling. Tubb, Maretta // Underground Construction;Sep99, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p35
Focuses on the microtunneling technology used by Elmore Pipe Jacking Inc. to handle a difficult sewer line installation in Clark County Sanitation District in Las Vegas, Nevada. Aim of the sewer relief project; Background on each phase of the project; Challenges of the construction project.
- Microtunneling, pipe jacking compendium available. // Underground Construction;Jan2008, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p8
The article reviews the book "The Microtunnelling and Pipe Jacking Compendium," by Martin Herrenknecht.
- Wyo-Ben. // Underground Construction;Oct2006, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p86
The article evaluates the MicroGel and MTA-1 products designed for pipe jacking and microtunneling from Wyo-Ben Inc.
- Oklahoma's First Microtunneling Project. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p15
Explores the microtunneling project of contracting firm Luckinbill Inc. in Enid, Oklahoma. Installation of clay pipe for sewer interceptor lines; History of the firm; Advantages of microtunneling; Microtunneling machines of the firm. INSET: Luckinbill Carries Long History of Success, Service.
- Prairie Water projects uses Akkerman microtunneling and conventional methods. // Mining Engineering;Mar2009, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p6
The article relates the use by BTrenchless of Akkerman microtunneling and conventional methods in the Prairie Waters Project in Aurora, Colorado. The water re-use project aims to make the treated river waste indistinguishable from the runoff water. To avoid the need to secure federal permitting,...
- Miami to use microtunneling beneath active runways. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jun96, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p6
Reports on Iseki Inc.'s dispatch of a complete microtunnel system to Miami International Airport, Florida to install steel casing beneath the airport's active runways. Key specifications of the project; Reason for Metro-Dade County Department of Aviation's choice of microtunneling as the...
- Navigating the trenchless industry - not just about HDD. // Pipelines International;Mar2013, Issue 15, p32
The article reviews several trenchless tunnelling methods particularly in microtunnelling and pipe jacking. It mentions that the laser-guidance system used in microtunnelling offer advantages over traditional open-cut construction. It adds that microtunnelling and pipe jacking reduce the...
- Microtunneling Relieves Sewer Overflows In Dayton. // Underground Construction;Nov99, Vol. 54 Issue 11, pR-17
Describes the undertaking of the Holes Creek Tunnel Project, a microtunneling installation established to eliminate sanitary server overflows in Dayton, Ohio, by Woolpert LLP and Bowen Engineering Corp. Design specifications; Types of pipes considered for the project; Basis for the selection of...
- Worldwide trenchless research. Vipulanandan, C.; Mantrala, Syam K. // Underground Construction;Jun97, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p19
Presents information about researches on techniques and materials used in trenchless technology conducted by universities and research centers. Discussion about the trenchless techniques microtunneling and jacking of pipes; Summary of research topics and projects developed by the universities...