An eye on tunneling
- Clay Pipe Facilitates Low-Cost 'Pilot Tube' Soil Piercing Approach to Trenchless Sewer Technology. Sullivan, Ed // WaterWorld;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p25
Examines how the city of Cape Girardeau, Missouri, benefitted from its installation of sanitary sewer lines. Part of overall sewer system modernization program; Utilization of pilot tube tunneling approach; Alternative to microtunneling.
- Union Pacific Wants to Build Trench to Unclog Fort Worth's Train Traffic. // U.S. Rail News;8/12/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p8
The article reports on the proposal made by the Union Pacific Railroad Co. to build a rail trench under Tower 55 train intersection in Fort Worth, Texas. It states that the proposal is designed to avoid grade crossings used by automobiles, while relieving train delays. It emphasizes that the...
- Detroit replaces sewer tunnel, expands capacity. Ursery, Stephen // American City & County;May2003, Vol. 118 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the construction and opening of an interceptor sewer tunnel in Macomb County, Michigan by the Detroit Water & Sewerage Department in 2003. Function of the tunnel; Challenges encountered in the construction of the tunnel; Source of financing for the project.
- Sewer system rehab completed in historic downtown Fort Worth. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;10/1/2014, p1
The article offers information on rehabilitation of commercial street downtown Fort Worth, Texas drainage system by SAK Construction LLC. It mentions use of Spiral Wound Rehabilitation (SPR) solution in repair, integrity restoration of the sewer line with no disruption by SAK using SPR...
- Tunnel route unveiled. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Oct2010, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p2
The article discusses the result of consultation between Thames Water and the British government for the construction of a 20-mile tunnel that will help to reduce raw sewage discharge over the River Thames.
- MICROTUNNELING IN WESTERN CANADA. Jurbin, Tonia // Underground Construction;Mar2006, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p20
The article reports on the use of the microtunneling in the construction of a sanitary trunk sewer system in Alberta. It discusses the advantages of using microtunneling. During the work, the contractor demonstrated their commitment to minimizing the impact of their operations on the community....
- Big-bore microtunneling. Garrett, Rodney // International Construction;Jun98, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p10
Details Nada Pacific Corp.'s big-bore microtunneling project in a sanitation sewer in Los Angeles County, California. Team members who carried out the project; Microtunneling equipment used; Importance of the careful selection of equipment on the project's success; Challenges encountered.
- Welcome to Cow town. Selcer, Richard F. // Historic Traveler;Apr97, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p42
Discusses the Fort Worth in Texas as the home of Hell's Half Acre, the biggest collection of bars, dance halls and bawdy houses of south of Dodge City. Western heritage of Fort Worth; Story of the Fort Worth; Legacy of turn-of-the-century Forth Worth; Finest art museum in the Cultural district...
- Historic traveler. // Historic Traveler;Apr97, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p50
Presents a traveler information about Fort Worth in Texas. How to reach the place; Brief information about Fort Worth; Lodging and dining in Fort Worth; Events celebrated in Fort; Spots to visit in Fort; Centers to contact for more information about Fort Worth.