- Downsizings going down. Boles, Margaret; Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p21
Reveals that only a quarter of American organizations that downsized in 1994 expect to downsize again from 1998 to 2000. Development of long-range, strategic workforce plans to control need for future downsizing.
- Lay-offs don't guarantee an increase in profits. Stevens, John // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p58
Looks at evidence in the United States which suggests that downsizing does not always improve a firm's profitability. Reasons for downsizing; Relation of downsizing to profit; Relation of downsizing to return on equity.
- The dangers of following the herd into downsizing drives. Baillie, John // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p53
Studies on the effects of downsizing of companies in the United States. Questions raised on the importance of downsizing; Findings from Kenneth De Meuse and his colleagues' report on the logic of downsizing.
- Downsizing trend continues. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 11 Issue 63, p28
Reveals the percentage of companies in the United States that have slashed their workforces in 1989.
- Beyond downsizing: The hidden costs. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 11 Issue 65, p26
Focuses on the costs of corporate downsizing. Operational and personnel effects of downsizing; Suggestion on reviving employee morale and low productivity after downsizing.
- Study disputes downsizing myths. // Corporate Board;May/Jun92, Vol. 13 Issue 74, p27
Details findings of a study by Right Associates which provides statistical evidence to disprove myths associated with downsizing. Downsizing as a last resort measure; Part of a comprehensive planned process; Communicated internally; Planned and reviewed by all those responsible for its...
- Downsizing: A fad that spins wheels. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;6/11/97, Vol. 89 Issue 137, p9
Focuses on some of the factors which influence corporate downsizing in the United States in the 1990s. Results of a study by the American Management Association; Question as to whether or not operating profits are boosted after downsizing; Tips offered for effective downsizing. INSET: A...
- Before you downsize. Souckup, William R. // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Fall97, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p20
Deals with company downsizing in California. Reasons for unsuccessful downsizing of companies; Guidelines for a more productive downsizing; Reason why most company are making staff reductions.
- What downsizing means for all of us. Greenberg, Herbert M.; Weinstein, Harold P. // Forum (10566937);Aug97, Issue 183, p6
Focuses on downsizing as a standard business practice for large companies. Advantages and disadvantages of downsizing; Why large companies downsize; How to successfully make a downsizing transition.
- JUST SAY YES. Stableford, Ernest // Humanist;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p20
No abstract available.