So far, yet so near
- Computer training choices: Instructor-led versus computer-based. Greenberg, Marilyn // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p12
Presents suggestions on employee computer training programs. Consideration of computer-based training and instructor-led training methods; Advantages and disadvantages of the methods; Suggestion for using the techniques.
- Are you comfortable with new technology? // Training & Development;May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p27
Presents a survey form for `Training & Development' readers' views on computer-based training for employees in the United States. Includes a question on the use of technology as a training tool; Biggest challenge in the use of technology as a training tool.
- What's ahead for online learning? Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;May99, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p24
Presents the views of four training experts regarding the future of online learning. Includes the opinion of Ruth Clark, principal of Clark Training and Consulting; Gloria Gery of Gerry Associates; Sarah Ward, executive director of The Center for the Study of Adult Learning.
- Interaction is the key to learning. Perey, Christine // Network World;12/01/97, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p62
Presents products used in interactive online training of employees. Prosoft I-Net Solutions Inc.'s LearnLinc I-Net; Global Knowledge Network Inc.'s CompetencyKey custom competency assessment tool; PrimeVision Technologies' ILINC LearnLinc ProNet.
- Keeping employees up to date with computer technology. Torres, Giselle // Caribbean Business;10/23/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 42, pS13
Presents information on resources and institutions to educate employees of businesses in computer technology. Information on the Alliance Consulting Group, an information technologies consulting and education company; Comment from Cynthia Davila, education director at Alliance; Details on...
- INTRODUCTION TO THE ISSUE Online Training in an Online World. Simonson, Michael // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;Spring2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, pv
Introduces a series of articles about online learning and Web-based training for employees.
- Top charities join forces to make e-learning affordable. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;2/25/2003, p7
Reports on the formation of an electronic learning consortium to share the cost of implementing the technology by six leading charities in Great Britain. Use of the scheme by organizations to monitor staff usage and generate reports; Provision of learning in the workplace through the scheme.
- Measuring technology-based training. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce (10928332);Jul98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p17
Reports on the `Tools for the Future' computer-based training report commissioned by Strategic Solutions Group Incorporated. Description of the report; Advantages of computer-based training.
- Class act. Field, Anne // Inc.;1997 Inc. Technology 1, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p55
Looks at how three small companies are using computer-based training (CBT) to cut costs and produce quality results for their businesses. Chattanooga Group; Professional Analysis Inc.; Vidcon Enterprises Inc.; How each implemented CBT regimens that worked for them; Various approached to...