Articles of hope for a jobless age
- China stops publication. Myers, Jacqueline // Quill;Nov96, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p7
Focuses on China's suspension of the `Economic Work Monthly' magazine for an article critical of a private essay that urges a return to class struggle.
- They give aid and comfort to the downsized. Ash, Leonard D.; Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;1/6/97, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the magazine `The HIRE Source,' which was established by LeAnne Mellon and Nesta Aharoni, victims of downsized corporations. Magazine geared towards jobseekers; Aim of doing something that was different; Types of articles included in the publication.
- Feeling insecure yet? Gendron, George // Inc.;Jun98, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the article entitled, `The Decline of Job Security in the 1990s,' published in `Economic Perspectives' on downsizing. How the article examines input of labor economists in the debate; Formula for the rate at which persons who have held their jobs for at least five years.
- The Kmart Kountdown. Griffin, Marie // Retail Merchandiser;Apr2003, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p12
Provides an update on Kmart Corp. as of April 2003. Number of senior management positions that will be cancelled at the firm's headquarters; Information on a publication released in China; Details on the planned reduction of skus.
- Fairfax plans sports magazine. COLLINGS, OLIVIA // B&T Magazine;8/29/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 2673, p1
The article reports that the magazine division of Fairfax Media plans to launch an Australian version of the French title "Sport & Style," despite implementing job cuts across its Australian and New Zealand operations. The planned launch of the magazine, which will be a monthly publication, is...
- ACP CUTS STAFF AFTER WEEKLY SALES DROP. // B&T Magazine;7/8/2011, Vol. 61 Issue 2745, p6
The article reports that ACP Magazines was forced to cut its staff as its publisher struggles against the tough conditions created for traditional magazine publishers.
- WHAT TO WATCH FOR IN THE SECOND HALF. Silber, Tony // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jul2008, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p7
The article presents several signs to watch out for in evaluating the forthcoming second half of the year for the magazine industry. These signs are print advertising, shows and conferences, the merger and acquisition climate, layoffs, new launches, and a major magazine shutdown. Some problems...
- Trade Winds:. // CableFAX Daily;6/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 116, p3
Reports on the lay off of four staffers from Crain's "TV Week" magazine, including editors Jay Sherman and Doug Halonen.
- Chicago Daily News: Is there life after death? Miner, Michael // Columbia Journalism Review;Jan/Feb1980, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p50
This article discusses the factors that contribute to the shutting down of the operations of the afternoon paper the Chicago Daily News on March 4, 1978. For reporters caught up in the experience, the death of a newspaper can be as wrenching as the death of a friend. And like a friend's death,it...