- Asbestos removal delayed school opening in NYC. T.A.M. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/4/93, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p16
Editorial. Comments on the problem of asbestos removal in New York schools that has delayed their opening. Contractor's failure to remove asbestos; Number of students affected; Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act of 1986; Asbestos' hazard to health; Overstatement of mortality projections...
- The asbestos debate. Rudin, Andrew // Your Church;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the presence of asbestos in churches in the United States. Debates on the removal of asbestos from buildings; Exemption of churches from testing for asbestos; Views put forth by studies on the health risks associated with asbestos.
- Asbestos alert. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/27/95, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p9
Reports on the health risk posed by the former Johns Manville asbestos plant in New Hampshire. Amount of asbestos present in the building.
- Court rules on asbestos lawsuits. // Health Facilities Management;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p8
Reports that workers who have been exposed to asbestos and wish to sue for medical monitoring damages do not need to show initially that they are suffering from underlying injuries according to a Michigan Court of Appeals ruling on July 12, 1995.
- A false alarm over asbestos? // Wilson Quarterly;Spring90, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p134
Focuses on health concerns over asbestos. Groupings; Background information on the 1980s asbestos panic.
- Regulation costs. But does it pay? Elvin, John // Insight on the News;11/24/97, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p34
Looks at the amount of money spent to remove asbestos from American schools, while highlighting that the children are not at risk to asbestos. Reference to statements from Paul Beckner, president of Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation; Introduction of a bill by Senator Fred Thompson,...
- Asbestos. Mouland, Michael; Berendsohn, Roy // Popular Mechanics;Mar96, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p70
Focuses on the detection of asbestos in the home. What asbestosis; What it was used for; When asbestos becomes a health hazard; How to test for it.
- A DOSE OF REALITY: THE STRUGGLE WITH CAUSATION IN TOXIC TORT LITIGATION. Ceder, Megan A. // Houston Law Review;Symposium2014, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p1147
The article focuses on the flaws present in the toxic torts litigation and the reforms required for its remedy. Topics discussed include litigation filed for the asbestos toxicity, requirement of the minimum asbestos exposure to the individual and the torts related to the toxicity of asbestos...
- Time to Bring Order to Asbestos Litigation. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/18/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 24, p148
Editorial. Comments on the impact of the construction industry's failure to adopt a stand on the use and handling of asbestos-containing materials. Increase in asbestos cases being filed against companies; Trend toward companies filing bankruptcies due to asbestos-related causes.