- The other side of the door. Manningham, Dan // Business & Commercial Aviation;Apr94, Vol. 74 Issue 4, pC1
Makes observations concerning the job of flight attendants. Factors considered about young and elderly passengers; Avoiding presumptions about passenger needs; Problems posed by infirm and mentally disturbed passengers.
- Flight attendant duty and rest rules take effect soon. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Feb95, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p20
Announces the operation of new regulations regarding duty and rest of fight attendants of FAR Parts 121 and 135 on-demand and scheduled operations from March 1, 1995.
- Better cabin crew seat. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/19/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p53
Introduces the High Comfort Cabin Attendant Seat from AMI Industries Incorporated. Features; Use for flight attendants; Airplanes where seat is used.
- Flight attendant duty times and rest times to be regulated. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Oct94, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p21
Reports on the adoption of FAR Part 121 and 135 regulation setting a maximum length of duty times and minimum rest requirements for flight attendants. Nine hours of scheduled rest time for 14 hour duty times; One day rest period in a week; Operator's compliance by March 1, 1995.
- What it takes to be a flight attendant--the highs and lows. Sellers, Pat // Cosmopolitan;Jun94, Vol. 216 Issue 6, p210
Presents the life of flight attendants. Routine; Public scrutiny; Average number of years; Flexibility of hours; Manner of spending free time; Off-duty benefits; Views of various flight attendants.
- Pregnancy tests. // Consumer Reports;Oct96, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p48
Evaluates ten different home pregnancy tests. Sensitivity of tests; Different designs; Testing being based on two features, including sensitivity to the pregnancy hormone and how easy they are to read; Hormone known as human chorionic gonadotropin; Brands including Answer, Clearblue Easy...
- Crawfish for a Cause. Williams, Jessica // Saint Charles Avenue;Jul2010, p38
The article offers information on the fund raising event "Crawfish Odyssey 2010" to benefit the Odyssey House's Pregnant and Post-Partum Women and Children Program in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Giving women options. Sansom, L. // America;5/21/1988, Vol. 158 Issue 20, p530
Description of the work of an Austin, Tex., agency called Lifeline which, for the past ten years, has been responding to the needs of pregnant women who might have felt they had nowhere to turn and too much to bear. The type of assistance they give. The work of Eileen Beck as a volunteer with...
- Many women say they'd go home early--if... Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;10/13/97, Vol. 74 Issue 20, p29
Focuses on the effects of the concern that shortened hospital stays increase risks for newborns and their mothers on Congress. Reference to the enactment of law stipulating that insurers cover postpartum stays; Coverage for vaginal deliveries and C-sections deliveries; Information on a study...