Nuveen finds smooth sailing months after Flagship merger
- Another big payout for Nuveen top tier. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/9/94, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
Reports on salaries and incentives received by executives of John Nuveen Company.
- Nuveen to partly link pay, performance. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;04/20/98, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p20
States that top executives at John Nuveen Company, have agreed give the company a part of their paychecks. Reason for this move; Statistical data on the company for 1997; Comments from an analyst for Robotti and Company, Mario Cibelli.
- With Munis in eclipse, Nuveen to push bank sales of stock funds. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;1/3/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on John Nuveen & Co.'s efforts to pitch stock portfolios to bank customers. Features of the company's marketing campaign; Comment by Michael Forstl, vice president of Nuveen's financial institutions group; Total amount of assets managed by Nuveen; Percentage share of banks to the...
- Nuveen rolls out 3 new unit investment trusts. Van Allen, Peter // American Banker;6/4/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 106, p11
Reports on John Nuveen & Co.'s launching of three unit investment trusts for sale in part through banks. Municipal bond unit trusts as firm's stronghold; Similarity of unit investment trusts and mutual funds; Description of the company's three unit investment trusts.
- Nuveen content to keep mining tax-exempt niche. Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;1/25/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 16, p11
Features the Chicago, Illinois-based mutual fund provider John Nuveen & Company. Position in the mutual fund business as a niche provider of quality secured, tax-exempt income products; Value of company's capital; Hometown rivals; Reputation for selling unit investment trusts; 1994 fourth...
- Nuveen asking banks to sell European equity fund. Garmhausen, Stephen // American Banker;7/1/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 124, p7
Reports that John Nuveen and Company planned to add banks to the roster of distribution channels for its European stock fund. Introduction of its Nuveen European Value Fund by the Chicago, Investment Company; When the fund should become available; Comments made by Judson Bergman, managing...
- John Nuveen juggles management of muni broker-dealer operation. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;04/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30371, p29
Reports that John Nuveen & Co. has shuffled the management of its municipal broker-dealer operation. Executive changes in the company; Firms' hopes that the reorganization will increase profitability within the department; Company's plans of expanding its coverage of general municipals.
- Nuveen analysts take a more active role in bond selection. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;4/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30374, p30
Reports on the roles and responsibilities of portfolio managers at John Nuveen & Co. Active participation of the managers in the bond selection process; Duties in evaluating credit situations and helping issuers prepare for rating agency meetings.
- Nuveen eyes unit trust as way of rebounding from bond fund woes. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;6/7/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 108, p14
Reports on Chicago, Illinois-based bond mutual fund company John Nuveen & Co.'s promotion of unit investment trusts as a way to recover from a miserable performance in selling bond funds to bank customers in 1994. Advantages of unit trusts over typical muni bond funds; Increase in John Nuveen's...