S&P weighs results of new GASB rule
- S&P Urges GASB to Expand Derivatives Note Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/9/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32441, p4
This article presents information on a request made by Standard & Poor Corp. to the Governmental Accounting Standards Board of the United States that deals with the disclosure of states' financial information. The Board has been requested to expand the amount of information that state and local...
- GASB issues tech bulletin, interpretation. // Practical Accountant;Jan98, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p55
Presents information on a technical bulletin issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). Identification of what the bulletin was about; Details on GASB's interpretation of NO.5, Property Tax Revenue Recognition in Governmental Funds.
- GASB issues taxpayer-assesses tax revenues standard. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p59
Reports that the Governmental Accounting Standards Board has issued a statement on accounting for taxpayer-assessed revenues. Requirements of statement.
- New GASB debt refunding statement. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p59
Reports that the US Governmental Accounting Standards Board has issued a statement on the debt refunding statements of state and local governments. Components of regulations; Comparisons to previous system.
- Overview of small government financial environment. // Practical Accountant;Jul96, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p71
Highlights a Governmental Accounting Standards Board's (GASB) research report that provides the GASB and other interested parties with a comprehensive overview of the small government financial reporting environment. Important aspects of the report; Contact information.
- GASB issues implementation guide for statement no. 14. // Practical Accountant;Sep94, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p66
Reports that the US Governmental Accounting Standards Board has issued implementing guidelines for its regulations. Components of guidelines; Availability of guidelines.
- GASB sets hearings on comprehensive financial reporting models. // Practical Accountant;Sep94, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p66
Reports that the US Governmental Accounting Standards Board will hold public hearings on financial models for local and state governments. Purpose of hearings; Schedule of hearings.
- GABS dealing with `nonexchange' transactions. // Practical Accountant;Jun97, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p62
Reports on the United States Governmental Accounting Standards Board's (GASB) proposed guidance for `nonexchanged' transactions. Specification of the proposal; When the proposal would come into effect; Requirements of the proposal.
- Bridging the GASB Gap. Hume, Lymn // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p1
Reports that members of the National Association of State Treasurers (NAST) are working with the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers (NASACT) and the Financial Accounting Foundation to find a way to bridge the funding gap faced by the Governmental Accounting...