S&P praises Virginia's approach to welfare
- Utility ratings group realigns as it goes global. // Electrical World;Sep96, Vol. 210 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the realignment of Standard & Poor's utility ratings department. Global electric, gas, and water utility analyzing team to be headed by Edward Z. Emmer; Coverage of international telecommunications and cable television industry to be headed by Richard Siderman.
- Open-ended pool financing nears. // Electrical World;Jul98, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p10
Reports that according to the ViewPoint of Project Finance, Utilities, and Concessions report from Standard and Poor's Ratings Services, market participants are refocusing on credit risk. Why participants are refocusing on credit risk; Comments from William Chew, managing director, Standard and...
- Restaurant stocks moved in S&P index changes. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p14
Reports that Standard & Poor's Equity Services Group has reported that several restaurant stocks have been moved to different index classification after restructuring its listings for the restaurant industry group. Companies that were moved to other classifications.
- S&P introduces index to track REITs. // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p43
Reports on a composite index designed to track the performance of real-estate investment trust (REIT) introduced by Standard and Poor's Financial Information Services in New York. What the index consist of; What the REIT Composite Index is composed of.
- S&P sizes up NY. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;3/6/95, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p38
Reports on the possibility of boosting Standard & Poor's Corp.'s state credit rating. Basis of realistic economic assumptions.
- AAA to D on private companies. Posner, Bruce G. // Inc.;Jun93, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p40
Tells how Standard & Poor's launched a service to provide credit suppliers with an independent view of how a business looks financially and credit seekers with a persuasive new weapon. Comments from Michael Zelkind, director of the new product; Difficulties small companies have in convincing...
- S&P lowers Prudential's claims paying rating. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/25/97, Vol. 101 Issue 34, p27
Reports that Standard and Poor's Corporation has lowered it claims paying ability of Prudential Insurance Company. Why the claims were lowered; Background information on the company; Details on the ratings of Prudential; Details on a statement released by Prudential on the issues.
- S&P downgrades Ann Taylor debt. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/4/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 103, p2
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) downgrading of the 1995 debt rating of Ann Taylor Store Corp from single-B-plus to single-B-minus. Decline in November same-store sales; Reason for the downgrade; Decline in Ann Taylor stocks; Efforts to bounce back from a series of setbacks during the...
- S&P will revamp its quantitative rating process. Niedzielski, Joe // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;09/22/97, Vol. 101 Issue 38, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's (S&P) will introduce substantive changes to its quantitative ratings process, and that it will use other available public information in generating those ratings. Initiative launched by S&P's Insurance Ratings Group during the 102nd annual convention of the...