Partnerships awaiting bankruptcy trial put Palm Beach, Fla., plants on hold
- BITS. // Finweek;8/12/2010, p12
The article offers news briefs on various topics in South Africa including the bankruptcy of Telkom Media before being sold to China's Shenzhen Media, the launch of Blackberry by Cell C P/L on its network, and the launch of a methane-powered electricity generating plant by MTN.
- Money problems hit Lenigrad nuclear. // International Power Generation;Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p4
Reveals that bankruptcy proceedings have been launched against Leningrad nuclear power station (LAES) by a company registered in Dagestan, Russia. Statement from Nikolai Yermakov, a spokesman for the nuclear energy department of the Ministry for Atomic Power; Debt issues; Impact of the...
- Yosef Abramowitz consortium will buy Better Place. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;7/10/2013, p1
(JTA) -- A consortium of drivers led by solar energy entrepreneur Yosef Abramowitz will buy Better Place, the bankrupt Israeli electric car company.
- TXU brings back plant as it goes to the brink. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;10/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p6
Reports that TXU Europe is investigating the return to service of coal-fired power plants amid imminent bankruptcy. Decision of the U.S. parent of TXU to abandon the European operation; Remarks from TXU Europe's managing director Martin Stanley regarding payment on its contract with AES.
- Edison Mission Energy Files for Bankruptcy. KASEY, PAM // State Journal (WV);12/21/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p15
The article reports on the bankruptcy protection filed by California-based Edison Mission Energy (EME) on December 17, 2012.
- To Princess Amalia, a sister. Sanford, Leonard // Modern Power Systems;Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p39
The article reports on the financial support of EKF to Blight Bank or Belwind offshore wind farm following the bankruptcy protection filed by Econcern in courts in Belgium. It notes that Vestas received a 165 megawatts offshore order from Belwind NV with new financing for the wind farm. It...
- The Ethanol CRUNCH. Thompson, Stephen // Rural Cooperatives;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on the failure of ethanol plants in the U.S. The most eminent ethanol failure has been VeraSun Energy Corp., the U.S.'s second-largest ethanol producer, with 1.64 billion gallons of annual production at its peak. Greater Ohio Ethanol LLC plant in Lima, Ohio, a...
- Unions threaten energy break. // European Power News;Jan1999, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
Reports on unionists' threat to put a brake on energy supply in protest of the filing of bankruptcy by the Treasury-owned combined heat and power (CHP) plant in Radom, Poland. Plant's workforce reductions because of a debt.
- What is NRG thinking? DANIELS, STEVE // Crain's Chicago Business;9/29/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p0003
The article reports on the entrance of Princeton, New Jersey-based energy company NGR Energy Inc. in the Illinois market in spring 2014 upon its acquisition of assets including four coal-fire power plants out of bankruptcy. Topics discussed include NGR's commitment to investing 567 million...