Analysts chair: Some issuers are skimping on disclosure
- SEC Questions Florida Agency. Sigo, Shelly // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/3/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 44, p11
The article reports on the letter sent by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to the Santa Rosa Bay Bridge Authority in Florida to request reports of the board on the disclosure agreement of revenue bonds which were sold in 1960.
- SEC Pitches Initiatives Focusing on Standardized Disclosure. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/11/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32710, p4
The article offers information on the initiatives discussed at a conference in Carlsbad, California. According to Andrew Petillon, an associate director in Los Angeles Securities and Exchange Commission, the initiatives would save issuers money by making the market more efficient and by lowering...
- Discouraging Disclosure? Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;04/03/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30862, p1
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission should encourage municipal issuers to disclose information over Web sites. Bond-related data on the marketplace; Highlights of the annual meeting of the Council of Infrastructure Financing Authorities.
- SEC: Incentives Luring Potential Informants. Ackerman, Andrew // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/29/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the statement of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) enforcement attorney, during their meeting. He states that several municipal market participants have questioned the SEC about bringing municipal bond abuses to its attention under a new congressionally...
- SEC Adopts Disputed `Fair Disclosure' Rule for Issuers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30952, p5
Reports on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's adoption of a fair disclosure rule for issuers. Provisions of the rule.
- The SEC Cracks Down on School Districts. Grave, Renée; Warden, Dan; Palsma, Abigail Stokes // School Business Affairs;Jan2014, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p24
The article focuses on the enforcement of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to the Rule 15c2-12 which requires underwriters to verify whether government entities regularly post financial reports about their existing bonds. Topics discussed include the report regarding a crackdown...
- Issuers Head to the MCDC Wire. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
Many issuers mulling whether to self-report disclosure violations under a Securities and Exchange Commission initiative will probably weigh their decisions right down to the deadline, and will not see any further guidance from the SEC, a muni law expert told market participants Tuesday.
- SEC Seeking Comments on Disclosure Rule. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;11/25/2014, p37
The article reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is seeking public comments on the collection of disclosure information under its Rule 15c2-12. It mentions that the commission is expected to receive proposed revisions to the rule and criticism for its estimated burdens...
- E-Disclosure Problems May Be Confined to Small Issuers. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p7
Reports on the electronic disclosure compliance problems being tracked by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Problems with small, one-time bond issuers; Absence of access to e-mail or the Internet.