Munis close down in listless market as players await FOMC meeting
- Secondary Market Treads Water as Participants Wait for FOMC Move. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32192, p2
Reports on the 10th consecutive rate hike of secondary municipal bond according to a Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting in the U.S. Event risk associated with the FOMC involving the changes in keeping municipal bond yields; Reduction of prices on their offerings; Determination of the...
- Nearly All Bond Buyer Indexes Show Sizeable Declines. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/19/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33027, p7
The article reports on the financial performance of bond buyer indexes in the U.S. in December 2008. It states that after several weeks of continuously rising yields, nearly all bond indexes in the municipal market showed sizeable declines. It emphasizes that the decline follows after the...
- Muni Yields Steady as Market Awaits New Issuance, FOMC Meeting. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;9/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34377, p1
The first of the week's new issues came to market on Monday, as a competitive deal from a school district in Kansas got the action started ahead of some of the larger negotiated deals, which will be pricing on Wednesday.
- Muni Prices Up After FOMC Leaves Rates Unchanged. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;9/18/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F336, p1
Prices of top-shelf municipal bonds finished decidedly stronger on Thursday, according to traders, after the Federal Reserve decided not to raise interest rates.
- Muni Prices Unchanged Ahead of New Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;3/24/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds were unchanged at mid-session, according to traders, halting the downward trend in yields since the Federal Open Market Committee meeting last week.
- Muni Prices Finish Flat Ahead of New Issue Slate. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;3/24/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds finish unchanged on Monday, according to traders, halting the downward trend in yields that began last week after the Federal Open Market Committee meeting. Meanwhile, traders are awaiting the week's new volume, which is estimated to come in at $8.9 billion.
- Muni Yields Fall After FOMC Meeting. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;3/19/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Prices of top-quality municipal bonds finished markedly higher on Wednesday, traders said, after the Federal Open Market Committee's statement on monetary policy dropped the word "patient," indicating a possible interest rate hike as early as June. Yields on some top-shelf munis fell by as much...
- Tennessee to Price $416M of GOs Before FOMC Meet. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;10/23/2015, p1
Tennessee plans to price $416.3 million of top-rated general obligation bonds Tuesday, to get the deal done before the upcoming Fed meeting.
- Muni Traders Set for Sales Ahead of FOMC Meeting. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;7/26/2016, p1
Municipal bond traders are set to see some of the biggest deals of the week come to market on Tuesday ahead of the two-day monetary policy meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee.