Selection criteria for measurement system providers
- Competencies: The next generation. McLagan, Patricia A. // Training & Development;May97, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p40
Reports on a new competency system which links work, people and strategy for improving performance. Definition and identification of competencies; Necessity to bring accountability and power to everyone in an organization; Schools of competency research and practice which have dominated the...
- How to prepare for a job review. // Food Management;May98, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p19
Presents tips on how to prepare for a job performance appraisal. Being objective; Thinking long-term; Being prepared; Asking questions; Establishing value.
- Performance assessments. Smolowitz, Ira // Business & Economic Review;Jul-Sep97, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p26
Discusses about concerns and problems related to performance assessment. Quantity versus quality of work; Operating in a static environment; Variance with organization mission; Control of key elements of the job; Consideration of macro and micro results.
- Total quality. Oster, Greg L. // Pit & Quarry;Jun94, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on how a company can meet 100 percent conformance to customers' expectations. Issues on performance standard; Personal analysis as tool for improving personal quality.
- Get a good start in a new job. Weinberg, Janice // Executive Female (0199-2880);May/Jun96, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p36
Provides tips on getting a good start on a new job. Preparedness for a letdown; Learning about the department's activities; Awareness of the manager's style; Acquisition of the company's performance appraisal form; Eliciting constructive criticism.
- Diversity, Performance, and Satisfaction in Student Group Projects: An Empirical Study. Schoenecker, Timothy S.; Martell, Kathryn D.; Michlitsch, Joseph F. // Research in Higher Education;Aug97, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p479
This paper focuses on the effect that diversity has on the performance and satisfaction of student groups in a computer simulation project. Using structural equation modeling, we find evidence to support the contention of previous research that diversity negatively affects group satisfaction....
- Winner takes all. // New Scientist;8/03/96, Vol. 151 Issue 2041, p3
Editorial. Talks about the translation of tiny margins of performance at the top end of the talent range into vast differences in earning power. Sprinter Donovan Bailey's endorsement contracts; Biological explanation; Runaway growth of fat-cat earnings.
- Performance testing. Anderson, Owen // Runner's World;Feb97, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p32
Presents the author's `Fast Lane' quiz to see how much an athlete knows about running and performance. Explanation for each answer; Score's equivalent. INSETS: True or False.;Your score..
- Haskell fourth graders enjoy field trip. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);5/28/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the performance by the Haskell Elementary 3rd Grade at the Kids Rock the World for the Environment in Haskell, Texas.
- THEATRE & DANCE. // Asian Pacific Post;7/31/2008, p5
The article offers information on several performances, including the World Dance and Music at Ron Basford Park in Vancouver, British Columbia.