Vocal reaction times of children with CAPD, age-matched peers, and young adults to printed words
- Applicability of Central Auditory Processing Disorder Models. Jutras, Benoît; Loubert, Monique; Dupuis, Jean-Luc; Marcoux, Caroline; Dumont, Véronique; Baril, Michéle // American Journal of Audiology;Dec2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p100
Purpose: Central auditory processing disorder ([C]APD) is a relatively recent construct that has given rise to 2 theoretical models: the Buffalo Model and the Bellis/Ferre Model. These models describe 4 and 5 (C)APD categories, respectively. The present study examines the applicability of these...
- Development of the North American Listening in Spatialized Noise-Sentences Test (NA LiSN-S): Sentence Equivalence, Normative Data, and Test-Retest Reliability Studies. Cameron, Sharon; Brown, David; Keith, Robert; Martin, Jeffrey; Watson, Charlene; Dillon, Harvey // Journal of the American Academy of Audiology;Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p128
Background: The Listening in Spatialized Noise-Sentences test (LiSN-SÂ®) was originally developed in Australia to assess auditory stream segregation skills in children with suspected central auditory processing disorder (CAPD). The software produces a three-dimensional auditory environment...
- Longitudinal Study of Speech Perception, Speech, and Language for Children with Hearing Loss in an Auditory-Verbal Therapy Program. Dornan, Dimity; Hickson, Louise; Murdoch, Bruce; Houston, Todd // Volta Review;Fall/Winter2009, Vol. 109 Issue 2/3, p61
This study examined the speech perception, speech, and language developmental progress of 25 children with hearing loss (mean Pure-Tone Average IPTA] 79.37 dB HL) in an auditory-verbal therapy program. Children were tested initially and then 21 months later on a battery of assessments. The...
- "A Hard of Hearing Child Among The Deaf.". // Exceptional Children;Nov1953, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p91
The article presents an overview of the report "A Hard of Hearing Child Among the Deaf," by Ruth Brown published in June 1953 issue of the periodical "Volta Review."
- J. Speech and Hearing Disorders. Dolphin, Jane E. // Exceptional Children;Jan1955, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p156
The article provides an overview of the report "A Speech Reception Threshold Test for Children," by Bruce M. Siegenthaler published in the September 1954 issue of the "Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders."
- Auditory dysfunction found to precede dementia. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;3/25/96, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p7
Reports on a study showing that central auditory dysfunction precedes senile dementia. Reduction in performance level as a result of hearing loss; Recommended inclusion of hearing tests in the evaluation of persons older than 60 years.
- Effect of deviations from temporal expectations on tempo discrimination of isochronous tone... McAuley, J. Devin; Kidd, Gary R. // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Human Perception & Performan;Dec98, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p1786
Studies the effect of deviations from temporal expectations on tempo discrimination in experiments using isochronous auditory sequences. Delay in onset of a comparison pattern relative to an `expected' onset; Findings supporting oscillator-based approaches to time discrimination.
- central auditory processing disorder. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p406
An encyclopedia entry for "central auditory processing disorder" is presented.
- logokophosis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1361
A definition of the term "logokophosis," which is another term for Wernicke's aphasia, is presented.