A preliminary account of the effect of otitis media on 15-month-olds' categorization and some
- Once-daily dosing for otitis media. // Modern Medicine;Aug95, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the recommended dosage and intake of cefpodoxime proxetil for children with acute otitis media.
- Prevalence of tympanotomy tube placement in children. // American Family Physician;11/15/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p1305
Presents a survey of Bright and colleagues reported in the `Journal of Public Health', July 1993 issue, on the treatment of otitis media in children. Prevalence of tympanotomy tube placement among children; Rate of tympanotomy tube placement in children; Infection as common reason of implantation.
- Antibiotics: A solution or a problem? Schmidt, Michael A. // Mothering;Spring91, Issue 59, p43
Focuses on the use of antibiotics in treating ear infections. Ratio of children with otitis media receiving antibiotics; Percentage of doctors in the United States prescribing antibiotics; Problems linked to the use of antibiotics.
- Management of otitis media. Liston, Thomas E. // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct1995, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p542
Recommends the diagnosis, management, and follow-up of children with otitis media with emphasis on drug efficacy, expense, resistance and allergy. Alternate use of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TMP-SMX) and amoxicillin; Use of sulfisoxazole chemoprophylaxis for recurrent disease; Caution...
- Literature Reviews: Pediatric Infectious Diseases. Steele, Russell W.; Lampe, John B. // Clinical Pediatrics;Dec1998, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p757
Comments on and discusses the abstract of the article `Amoxicillin Middle Ear Fluid Penetration and Pharmacokinetics in Children with Acute Otitis Media,' by D.M. Cinafax, Z. Yuan and T. Chonmaitree et al taken from the 1998 issue of `Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal'. Amoxicillin as...
- Preventing ear infections. // Pediatrics for Parents;1992, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p1
Offers a look at how otitis media (ear infections) affect almost every child. When it becomes a major problem; Importance of prevention; Methods; Recent study; From `Family Practice News,' 7/15/92; Details.
- Ear Infection Treatment. // Pediatrics for Parents;2001, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p10
Evaluates the treatment of acute otitis media among children in the United States. Preference for the use of antibiotics; Development of an alternative treatment for ear infections; Significance of the pain from the condition.
- Can breast-feeding curb otitis media? // Patient Care;8/15/1993, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p136
Reports on the result of a study `Exclusive breast-feeding for at least 4 months protects against otitis media,' by B Duncan, J Ey, CJ Holberg, et al. Article in 1993 `Pediatrics' issue; Decrease in the incidence of acute media in first four months.
- A shorter regimen for otitis media. // Patient Care;4/30/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p78
Presents a study which looked at children with otitis media and compared the efficacy of three regimens. Rate of cure or improvement of groups; Adverse reaction in children who had amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium therapy; What investigators conclude.
- Immunologic evaluation of the child with recurrent otitis media. Church, Joseph A. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Jan1997, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p31
Presents an immunologic evaluation of the child with otitis media. Pathogenesis of otitis media; Role of the immune system; Otitis media in immunologic deficiency disorders; Indications for immunologic testing; Otits media in immune deficiency disorders.