Just how effective is a telephone interview?
- Telerecruiters use phone interviews to wean candidates. Kennedy, Joyce Lain // San Diego Business Journal;6/03/96, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p45
Offers advice on handling telephone job interviews. Trends in telephone meetings; Features of a telephone interview; Importance of anticipating the dialogue.
- Can You Succeed in a Phone Interview? // Strategic Finance;Apr2010, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p22
The article gives step-by-step instructions explaining to job applicants how to prepare for a telephone interview.
- It's for you: The business of making phone interviews work. Doran, Ryan // Westchester County Business Journal;4/12/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p23
The article offers tips on how to effectively make a good phone interview. Paul Bailo, founder of Phone Interview Pro, has designed a business on demonstrating people how to make the receiver work for their search for employment. Bailo stresses several important elements to a good phone...
- Dialing Up the Next Job. Samborn, Hope Viner // ABA Journal;Jul2007, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p60
The article presents some tips to lawyers in the U.S. on preparing for and taking a job interview through telephone. Experts recommend that applicants dress for the interview even if they are at home. At their fingertips, phone interviewees should have a list of their job skills, points they...
- Dialing for Jobs: How to Make the Most of a Phone Interview. // Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p377
Discusses how to make the most of a telephone interview. Benefits of telephone interviews for managers; Advantages and disadvantages of telephone interviews; Preparations needed by job applicants before the telephone interview; Qualities that should be considered when interviewing candidates by...
- The Screening Process. Campbell, Denise // Black Enterprise;Nov2011, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p47
The article about the several types of job interviews and how to deal with them. For phone interviews, one should use a landline and not a cell phone and should be in a quiet location where one can focus. It is advised to use a headset or Bluetooth and to dress professionally and assume a...
- How Can I Survive a Phone Interview? Fisher, Anne // Fortune;4/19/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p54
Answers the question of how to be successful in a telephone interview. Tips for job-seekers from Neil Lebovits, president of Ajilon; The effect of standing up on one's tone of voice; Idea to write a script focusing on what the interviewer will be looking for.
- Les modalitÃ©s de l'embauche dans une multinationale des loisirs. Réau, Bertrand // Actes de la Recherche en Sciences Sociales;jui2009, Issue 178, p100
On the basis of several field studies and of data provided by the firm, this article analyzes the hiring of seasonal workers in a multinational corporation operating in the field of tourism. Because it brings face to face representatives of an institution, in a broad sense, and candidates, the...
- Chapter 4: Succeeding in telephone interviews. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Get that Job: Interviews;2007, p34
Chapter 4 of the book "Bloomsbury Business Library: Get that Job: Interviews" is presented. It discusses various techniques which are to be kept in mind while giving or taking a telephone interview. It says that a person needs to have papers, pen, when giving or taking a telephone interview. It...