Learning without the burning
- HP introduces immersive visualisation. // Design Engineering;Nov98, p86
Introduces Visualise Centre and Visualise Workgroup, a virtual reality software from Hewlett-Packard Co. Features and functions of Immersive Visualisation.
- Breathing virtual life into art. Mahoney, Diana Phillips // Computer Graphics World;Oct96, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p19
Discusses the development of the `Raffaello Rooms' virtual reality application by Infobyte. Background information; Technology used; Capabilities; Compatibility; Availability; Contact information.
- Apple revs QuickTime VR. Heid, Jim // Macworld;Feb1997, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p36
Looks at Apple's QuickTime VR 2.0. Ship date; Revisions including new navigation options and plug-ins; Features of the options; Apple's efforts being inspired by an onslaught of competing virtual reality (VR) technologies.
- Software to model software. // R&D Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p18
Reports on virtual laboratory researchers' use of software to model other software. Creation of Quebec-based Chemical Computing Group's molecular operating environment (MOE) with data-parallel scientific vector language (SVL); Capability of SVL to operate as rapid prototyping tool on parallel...
- VREAM ships new VR tool. // CD-ROM Professional;Aug95, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p93
Reports on VREAM's VRCreator virtual reality creation software. Capabilities; Specifications; Enhancements; Support; Compatibility; Pricing; Availability.
- VRML tool shown. Baron, Talila // PC Week;2/10/97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p34
Informs of the impending release of Cosmo Worlds for Windows NT from Silicon Graphics Inc. (SGI). The inclusion of modeling capabilities, animation and behavior scripting for creating three-dimensional interactive applications on the World Wide Web; The possibility of Virtual Reality Modeling...
- Completing the QTVR panorama. Beale, Stephen // Macworld;Nov97, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p40
Reviews the QuickTime VR (QTVR) authoring programs available as of November 1997. PictureWorks' Spin Panorama; Panimation's Nodestar; Live Picture's PhotoVista; Creation of virtual-reality panoramas; World Wide Web site addresses and phone numbers; Forecasts for an Apple authoring suite.
- Virtual-Reality Production Tools. Heid, Jim // Macworld;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p48
Reviews several computer software for virtual reality. Ipix Pro from Interactive Pictures; PanoTouch 1.01 from AdessoSoft; VR ObjectWorx 1.01 from VR Toolbox.
- ConnSENSEReview Puddingstone Place. // ConnSENSE Bulletin;Oct2006, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p14
The article reviews the interactive virtual environment software Puddingstone Place from Center for Communication Disorders, Children's Hospital Boston, Massachusetts.